Daily Current Affairs 11th 12th September 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11th 12th September 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11th 12th September 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11th 12th September 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Aatmanirbhar Bharat ARISE-Atal New India Challenges
- Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog has launched the Aatmanirbhar Bharat ARISE-Atal New India Challenges.
- Aim: To spur applied research and innovation in Indian MSMEs and startups.
2. FCRA Registration to Golden Temple
- Home Ministry has granted the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) registration to Gurdwara Harmandir Sahib (Golden Temple) in Amritsar.
- It will now enable the Golden Temple to receive foreign donations.
- Foreign Contribution Regulation Act is a consolidating act whose scope is to regulate the acceptance and utilisation of foreign contribution or foreign hospitality by certain individuals or associations or companies and to prohibit acceptance and utilisation of foreign contribution.
3. Aero India-21
- The 13th edition of Aero India-21 is scheduled to be held at Air Force Station, Yelahanka, Bengaluru in February 2021.
- Aero India is Asia’s one of the largest air show and aviation exhibition.
1. World Solar Technology Summit
- The first World Solar Technology Summit was organised by the International Solar Alliance.
- Nobel Laureate Dr Michael Stanley Whittingham also presented a Keynote address.
- International Solar Alliance: Headquarters location: Gurugram || Head: Upendra Tripathy.
2. UNICEF with Ayushmann Khurrana
- UNICEF has appointed Actor Ayushmann Khurrana as its celebrity advocate for children’s rights campaign, ‘For Every Child’.
- UNICEF: Headquarters: New York || UNICEF Executive Director: Henrietta H. Fore.
1. Safe and Fast Agriculture Loan (SAFAL) Scheme
- SBI will launch new loan scheme SAFAL (Safe and Fast Agriculture Loan) for organic Cotton Growers.
- SBI: Chairman: Rajnish Kumar || Headquarters: Mumbai
2. Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs)
- Mastercard has launched ‘Central Bank Digital Currencies’ (CBDCs) which is a Virtual Testing Environment.
- It is for Central Banks of the Countries to Assess and Explore National Digital Currencies.
- Mastercard: Chief Executive Officer: Ajay Banga || Headquarters: New York
- ICICI Bank has launched ‘iStartup2.0’ to cater to the banking needs of startups and entrepreneurs.
- ICICI Bank: Headquarters: Mumbai || MD & CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi || Tagline: Hum Hai Na, Khayal Apka.
4. Committee for assessment of relief to bank borrowers
- Indian Government has constituted an Expert Committee for making an assessment of relief to bank borrowers related to waiver of interest and waiver of interest on interest on the COVID-19 related moratorium.
- The Expert Committee shall be under Rajiv Mehrishi, former CAG of India as the Chairperson.
1. National Skill Development Corporation with LinkedIn
- National Skill Development Corporation and LinkedIn have partnered to provide digital skills training for youth.
- LinkedIn: CEO: Ryan Roslansky || Headquarters: California
1. WHO panellist
- Former Health Secretary Preeti Sudan has been inducted as one of the 11 WHO panelists.
- WHO: Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland || Director-general of WHO: Tedros Adhanom.
1. World First Aid Day 2020
- World First Aid Day is observed on the second Saturday of September.
- The day was started by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in 2000.
2. International Day for South-South Cooperation
- International Day for South-South Cooperation is observed globally on 12th September.
- United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation is a vibrant platform for the international community to celebrate achievements; share development successes.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Global Economic Freedom Index 2020
- India has been ranked 105th position on the ‘Global Economic Freedom Index 2020’ by Fraser Institute of Canada.
- Fraser Institute: Chairman: Peter Brown || Fraser Institute Headquarters: Vancouver, Canada.
1. Wushu World Champion 2019
- Poonam Khatri’s silver medal at the Wushu World Championship 2019 has been upgraded to a Gold medal.
- Wushu, or Chinese Kungfu, is a hard and soft and complete martial art, as well as a full-contact sport. It has a long history in reference to Chinese martial arts.