Daily Current Affairs 11th June 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 11th June 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 11th June 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 11th June 2023 Current affairs test.
1. India Clinches First-Ever Women’s Junior Asia Cup 2023 Hockey Title
- India’s Women’s hockey team emerged victorious against the Republic of Korea in Kakamigahara, Japan, marking their debut win in the Women’s Junior Asia Cup 2023.
- Following this achievement, India secured its place in the FIH Women’s Junior World Cup 2023 scheduled to take place in Chile.
- Additionally, after a win over China, Japan confirmed its position as the third qualifier for the same World Cup.
- For India, Annu and Neelam scored goals, while Seoyeon Park netted a goal for Korea.
National & International Appointments
2. V Anantharaman Takes Over as TransUnion CIBIL’s Non-Executive Chairman
- Renowned banker V Anantharaman has been appointed the new non-executive chairman of TransUnion CIBIL, succeeding M V Nair who served the role for 11 years.
- Throughout his career, Anantharaman held key roles in prestigious financial institutions including Standard Chartered Bank, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, and Bank of America. He has also been a board member of several organizations, including The Indian Hotels Company Limited and Axis Asset Management Company.
3. Kerala Introduces Incentive Scheme to Combat Illegal Waste Disposal
- To address the challenge of unlawful waste disposal, the Kerala government has launched a reward scheme as part of their ‘Malinya Muktham Nava Keralam’ initiative.
- The initiative motivates the public to report incorrect waste disposal across areas, offering whistleblowers rewards up to Rs 2,500 or 25% of the fine imposed.
4. Uttar Pradesh Presents GI-Tagged Handicrafts to G20 Delegates
- The Uttar Pradesh state government has selected the GI-tagged Gulabi meenakari handicrafts as presents for the G20 nation representatives.
- Over 100 artisans proficient in the craft, deeply embedded in the lanes of Varanasi, have been mobilized to create Gulabi meenakari peacocks as gifts.
- With its recent GI tagging and its addition to the ODOP initiative, this craft has captured international attention.
5. Indian Army Seals Deal for “Tactical LAN Radio”
- The Indian Army has inked a contract with Bengaluru-based M/s Astrome Tech Pvt Ltd for the indigenous “tactical LAN radio”.
- This state-of-the-art wireless radio equipment is crafted to guarantee reliable communication. This marks the Army’s second collaboration under the iDEX program, initiated in 2018 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Science & Technology
6. Murali Sreeshankar Clinches Bronze in Long Jump at Diamond League Meet
- India’s esteemed long jumper, Murali Sreeshankar, clinched the bronze medal with an 8.09m jump at the 2023 Diamond League Meet in Paris.
- He has now become the third Indian to achieve a top-three position in the Diamond League, following Neeraj Chopra and Vikas Gowda.
- Miltiadis Tentoglou and Simon Ehammer secured the gold and silver medals, respectively.
Summits & Conferences
7. E-Export Haat Organized by WBIDC, Ficci, and Amazon
- Joining forces, WBIDC, Amazon Global Selling, and Ficci are orchestrating an e-Export Haat in West Bengal.
- The gathering, aimed at amplifying global e-commerce exports, serves as a platform for information exchange and capacity enhancement. The event witnessed participation from over 200 potential exporters and MSMEs.
Banking & Finance
8. India Leads Global Digital Payments Charts: Data from MyGovIndia
- Data from MyGovIndia illustrates India’s supremacy in the 2022 worldwide digital payments scenario, registering 5 million transactions.
- Overtaking the collective digital transactions of the subsequent four top nations, India constituted 46% of global real-time payments.
9. State Bank of India (SBI) to Mobilize ₹50,000 Crore in FY24
- The board of SBI has greenlit a proposal to raise ₹50,000 crore in FY24 through multiple debt instruments. The fund generation will be facilitated via private placement to both local and international investors, subject to any mandatory governmental clearances.
10. Karnataka Initiates Shakti Scheme for Women and Transgender People
- The Karnataka government has unveiled the ‘Shakti’ scheme, offering free transportation in state-run buses to women and transgender individuals.
- This innovative project was launched by numerous dignitaries including Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah and transport minister Ramalinga Reddy, with a grand event taking place at the Vidhana Soudha in Bengaluru.