Daily Current Affairs 12th-13th March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12th-13th March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12th-13th March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12th-13th March 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Fagli Festival
- ‘Fagli’ festival was celebrated in Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh.
- It is observe as the victory of good over evil.
- Governor of Himachal Pradesh: BandaruDattatraya.
2. NIGHA App
- NIGHA App was launched by Andhra Pradesh Government to ensure clean and healthy elections.
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh: Y S Jaganmohan Reddy || Governor of Andhra Pradesh: Biswa Bhushan Harichandan.
3. Wings India 2020
- Wings India 2020 Civil Aviation Business Exhibition will be organised by Ministry of Civil Aviation and Airports Authority of India (AAI) along with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) in Hyderabad.
- Union Minister of Civil Aviation: Hardeep Singh Puri.
1. National slogan of Bangladesh
- ‘Joy Bangla’ has been declared as national slogan of Bangladesh.
- Prime Minister of Bangladesh: Sheikh Hasina || Capital: Dhaka || Currency: Taka.
2. International Day of Yoga Event
- International Day of Yoga event will be organized in Leh, Ladakh.
- The International Day of Yoga has been celebrated annually on 21 June since 2015, following its inception in the United Nations General Assembly in 2014. Yoga is a physical, mental and spiritual practice which originated in India.
1. PhonePe with ICICI Bank
- PhonePe has inked partnership with ICICI Bank for UPI Transactions.
- PhonePe: founded: December 2015 || CEO of Phonepe: Sameer Nigam || Headquarters location: Bengaluru
2. Minimum balance charges from all savings bank accounts
- SBI has waived off the minimum balance charges on all savings bank accounts.
- Chairperson of SBI: Rajnish Kumar || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded : 1 July 1955.
3. Investment in Yes Bank
- ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank has approved an investment of Rs 1000 crore each in Yes Bank.
- Earlier SBI had invested Rs 7250 crore in Yes Bank.
- Bandhan Bank will invest Rs 300 crore in Yes Bank
- Axis Bank will invest Rs 600 crore.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank will invest Rs 500 crore.
- Yes Bank Limited is an Indian public bank headquartered in Mumbai, India and was founded by Rana Kapoor and Ashok Kapur in 2004. It offers wide range of banking and financial products for corporate and retail customers through retail banking and asset management services.
- CEO: Ravneet Gill || Headquarters: Mumbai
1. Hakuhodo acquires AdGlobal360
- Indian Marketing and Technology Company AdGlobal360 has been acquired by Japanese company Hakuhodo Inc.
- Hakuhodo Inc. is a Japanese advertising and public relations company. It is headquartered at Akasaka Biz Tower in Akasaka, Minato, Tokyo.
2. Digital Solutions Exchange ‘GOKADDAL’
- The World’s first Digital Solutions Exchange in the cloud ‘GOKADDAL’ has been launched in India by GOKADDAL Technologies is a Dubai based emerging technology company.
- Four focus Areas i.e. Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Analytics and Augmentative Technologies.
1. New Director-General Defence Intelligence Agency
- Lt Gen KJS Dhillon has been appointed as the Director-General Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) and Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence Staff (Intelligence).
- 28th Chief of Army Staff: General Manoj MukundNaravane.
- Chief of Defence Staff: BipinRawat.
2. Director General of Border Security Force
- Surjit Singh Deswal took over the additional charge of Director General of Border Security Force.
- BSF formed: 1 December 1965 || BSF Headquarters: New Delhi.
1. World Kidney Day
- World Kidney Day is observed annually on the 2nd Thursday in March.
- World Kidney Day is a global health awareness campaign focusing on the importance of the kidneys and reducing the frequency and impact of kidney disease and its associated health problems worldwide.
- Theme: ‘Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere–from Prevention to Detection and Equitable Access to Care’.
2. World Sleep Day
- World Sleep Day is organised by the World Sleep Society every year on the Friday before Spring Vernal Equinox.
- World Sleep Day is an annual event organized by the World Sleep Day Committee of the World Sleep Society, formerly World Association of Sleep Medicine, since 2008.
1. SantuMukhopadhyay passes away
- Veteran Bengali actor SantuMukhopadhyay passed away.
- Santu Mukherjee was an Indian film actor who worked in Bengali cinema. He was the father of actress Swastika Mukherjee. His younger brother, Sumanta Mukherjee, is also an actor.
Agreements and MoUs
1. World Bank with Himachal Pradesh Government
- Himachal Pradesh Government has signed a US$80 million loan agreement with the World Bank to improve water management practices.
- President of World Bank: David Malpass || Headquarter: Washington DC.
- Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh: Jairam Thakur || Governor: BandaruDattatraya
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. WEF’s Young Global Leaders list
- Five Indians have been named by the World Economic Forum (WEF) in its new list of 115 Young Global Leaders.
- ByjuRaveendran (Byju Classes’ founder)
- Gaurav Gupta (Zomato’s co-founder)
- Tara Singh Vachani (CEO of Antara Senior Living)
- VinatiMutreja (Managing Director and CEO, Vinati Organics Limited)
- SwapanMehra (CEO, Iora Ecological Solutions)
2. Global Animal Protection Index 2020
- India has been ranked second in Global Animal Protection Index 2020 along with Spain, Mexico, France and New Zealand.
- Sweden, the United Kingdom, and Austria have topped the charts.
- Global Animal Protection Index 2020 was released by International animal welfare charity ‘World Animal Protection’.
1. Hero I-League Champions 2019-2020
- Winner: Mohun Bagan
- Mohun Bagan Athletic Club is a professional football club based in West Bengal, India. The club was established on 15 August 1889 by Bhupendra Nath Bose and is one of the oldest existing association football club in India and Asia.The club plays in the I-League under licence from the All India Football Federation.
2. Indian mountaineer Bhawna Dehariya
- Indian mountaineer Bhawna Dehariya has successfully scaled the highest mountain peak in Australia ‘Mount Kosciuszko’.
- Mount Kosciuszko is mainland Australia’s highest mountain, at 2,228 metres above sea level.