Daily Current Affairs 12 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Balram Bhargava appointed as chief of Indian Council of Medical Research
- He is currently a consultant cardiologist at AIIMS.
- Bhargava will replace Soumya Swaminathan.
2. Water ATMs to be installed in Haryana
- The Water ATM Policy will provide clean drinking water to people at public places.
- Two water ATMs would be separated by a distance of 400m or as per the convenience.
3. ISRO successfully launches navigation satellite
- IRNSS-1I is the 8th such satellite to be a part of the NAVIC navigation satellite constellation.
- This is expected to replace IRNSS-1A which is the 1st of such kind.
4. Project Dhoop for better Vitamin D absorption
- Food Safety regulator FSSAI has taken the initiative to shift morning assembly in schools to noon time.
- This is to ensure maximum absorption of Vitamin D in students through natural sunlight.
1. China launches 1st group of remote sensing satellites
- The mission sent a micro nanotechnology experiment satellite into orbit.
- The satellites will be used for electromagnetic environment surveys.
2. India signs MoU with Republic of Korea
- The Govts can mutually recognise certificates of maritime education and training, competency etc., issued by each other.
- It will open employment opportunities for Indian seafarers on Korean ships.
3. House printed using 3D printer
- Researchers have unveiled a 3D printed public house in France.
- The house was built in 18 days using a printer BatiPrint3D and the walls were filled with cement.
4. China returns garbage to US
- China has refused entry of 4 lakh kg of solid waste from the US.
- In a movie to fight environmental pollution, China had banned import of 24 types of solid waste.
1. Rakesh Bharti Mittal appointed as Confederation of Indian Industry President
- Uday Kotak took over President designate for 2018-19.
- Vikram Kirloskar is the Vice-President.
2. Rishad Premji appointed as NASSCOM Chairman
- He was the Vice Chairman of the IT industry body NASSCOM for 2017-18.
- The CEO of WNS Group Keshav Murugesh is the Vice Chairman.
3. Retail inflation falls to 4.28%
- The food inflation is at 2.81%.
- This is the 3rd consecutive month where inflation relieved.
4. Jack Dorsey took zero salary in 2017
- Twitter’s CEO declined salary for the 3rd consecutive year.
- Jack Dorsey has a net worth of $3.6 bn.
1. 2018 Asia Cup to be held an UAE
- Earlier, the 50 over format event was scheduled to be held in India.
- India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan and the winner of qualifier match will participate in Asia Cup.
2. Shreyasi Singh won gold in double trap event
- Shooter Shreyasi won bronze at the 2014 Asian games in the double trap team event.
- She won silver in 2017 Commonwealth Shooting Championships.
3. Sachin Chowdhary bags bronze in CWG 2018
- Sachin bagged the medal in Mens Para Powerlifting .
- Nigeria got gold and Malaysia got silver respectively.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,12 April
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13