Daily Current Affairs 12 December 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 December 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 December 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 December 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Satellite, RISAT-2BR1
- ISRO will launch its earth observation satellite, RISAT-2BR1 on PSLV-C48 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
- RISAT-2BR1 is a Radar imaging earth observation satellite.
- ISRO Director: Sivan || Headquarters: Bengaluru || Established: 1969.
2. New President of the Governing Board of News Broadcasters Federation
- Editor-in-chief of Republic TV Arnab Goswami has been appointed as the new president of the Governing Board of News Broadcasters Federation.
- The News Broadcasters Association is a private association of different current affairs and news television broadcasters in India .
- It was established by leading Indian news broadcasters in 3 July 2007.
- The Association was set up to deal with ethical, operational, regulatory, technical and legal issues affecting news and current-affairs channels.
1. George J. Laurer passes away
- George Laurer who invented the barcode, has passed away.
- George Joseph Laurer was an American engineer for IBM at Research Triangle Park in North Carolina. He published 20 bulletins, held 25 patents and developed the Universal Product Code in the early 1970s. He devised the coding and pattern used for the UPC, based on Joe Woodland’s more general idea for barcodes.
2. New Namibian President
- Namibia’s President Hage Geingob has won the country’s Presidential elections.
- Capital: Windhoek || Currencies: South African rand, Namibian dollar
3. Embassy’s Annual Film Festival
- The 8th edition of the Embassy’s Annual Film Festival ‘Ambassador’s Choice: Screening of Films’ was inaugurated at Indian Embassy, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Arabia, officially the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, is a country in Western Asia constituting the bulk of the Arabian Peninsula.
- Capital: Riyadh || Currency: Saudi riyal || King: Salman of Saudi Arabia || Subsidiary: Saudia
4. International Universal Health Coverage Day
- Universal Health Coverage Day is celebrated annually on December 12 and is promoted by the World Health Organization.
- December 12 is the anniversary of the first unanimous United Nations resolution calling for all nations to provide for their citizens affordable, quality health care.
- Theme: ‘Keep the promise’
1. Asian Development Bank with Tamil Nadu Government
- Asian Development Bank have signed a 206 million USD loan agreement with Tamil Nadu Government to develop water supply and sewerage infrastructure in the state.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: Masatsugu Asakawa || Founded: 19 December 1966 || Membership: 68 countries || Purpose: Economic development
2. India’s Growth Forecast by Crisil
- Rating Agency Crisil has cut India’s Growth forecast for FY20 to 5.1% from an earlier estimate of 6.3%.
- CRISIL is a global analytical company providing ratings, research, and risk and policy advisory services. CRISIL’s majority shareholder is Standard & Poor’s, a division of McGraw Hill Financial and provider of financial market intelligence.
- CEO: Ashu Suyash || Headquarters: Mumbai || Parent organization: Standard & Poor’s International
3. Human Development Index 2019
- India has been ranked 129th among 189 countries in the Human Development Index 2019.
- Human Development Index 2019 released by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- India was ranked 130th Human Development Index 2018.
- Top Three:
- 1. Norway
- 2. Switzerland
- 3. Ireland
- The HDI value of India increased from 0.431 to 0.647
4. Human Development Index 2019 in Details
- The Human Development Index (HDI) is a statistic composite index of life expectancy, education, and per capita income indicators, which are used to rank countries into four tiers of human development.
- A country scores a higher HDI when the lifespan is higher, the education level is higher, and the gross national income GNI (PPP) per capita is higher.
- It was developed by Pakistani economist Mahbub ul Haq and was further used to measure a country’s development by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)’s Human Development Report Office.
- India’s HDI value increased from 0.431 to 0.647.
- In the Inequality-adjusted HDI (IHDI) 2019, India was ranked 130th.
- The IHDI indicates percentage loss in HDI due to inequalities.
- In the Gender Inequality Index (GII), India is at 122 out of 162 countries.
1. London Chess Classic
- R. Praggnanandhaa of India has won the FIDE Open category of the London Chess Classic.
- Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa is an Indian chess grandmaster. A chess prodigy, he is the fourth-youngest person ever to achieve the title of Grandmaster, behind Sergey Karjakin, Gukesh D and Javokhir Sindarov.
2. Brand Ambassador of National Anti-Doping Agency NADA
- Actor Suniel Shetty has been selected as the brand ambassador of National Anti-Doping Agency NADA.
- The National Anti-Doping Agency is the national organisation responsible for promoting, coordinating, and monitoring the doping control program in sports in all its forms in India.
- CEO: Navin Agarwal || Founder: Government of India || Founded: 24 November 2005
3. 2019 South Asian Games
- The 13th edition 2019 South Asian Games has been concluded in Nepal.
- India has topped the Medal Tally with a total of 312 Medals (174 Golds || 93 Silver || 45 Bronze).
- Host Nepal remained second and Sri Lanka got third place.
- Nepal Prime Minister: K P Sharma Oli || Capital: Kathmandu || President of Nepal: Bidhya Devi Bhandari || Currency of Nepal: Nepalese rupee.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,12 December
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15
- Daily Current Affairs: December 16
- Daily Current Affairs: December 17
- Daily Current Affairs: December 18
- Daily Current Affairs: December 19
- Daily Current Affairs: December 20
- Daily Current Affairs: December 21
- Daily Current Affairs: December 22
- Daily Current Affairs: December 23
- Daily Current Affairs: December 24
- Daily Current Affairs: December 25
- Daily Current Affairs: December 26
- Daily Current Affairs: December 27
- Daily Current Affairs: December 28
- Daily Current Affairs: December 29
- Daily Current Affairs: December 30
- Daily Current Affairs: December 31