Daily Current Affairs 12 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Web series ‘Hawa Badle Hassu’
- GAIL India has launched a Environmental Web series ‘Hawa Badle Hassu’.
- Gail Limited is the largest state-owned natural gas processing and distribution company in India. It is headquartered in New Delhi. It has the following business segments: natural gas, liquid hydrocarbon, liquefied petroleum gas transmission, petrochemical.
- Founded: 1984 || Headquarters: New Delhi, India || CEO: Bhuwan Chandra Tripathi
2. NABARD to raise Rs 60000 Crore
- NABARD will raise Rs 60000 Crore via Non-Convertible Debentures in 2019-20.
- Non-Convertible Debentures. Essentially, it is a bond that is not backed by a physical asset or collateral. Sometimes, debentures are issued with provisions that allow the holder to exchange the debenture for company stock. Nonconvertible debentures are unsecured bonds that cannot be converted to company equity or stock.
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development is an apex development financial institution in India. It is an institution fully owned by Government of India, headquartered at Mumbai with regional offices all over India.
- Founded: 12 Jul 1982 || Headquarters: Mumbai, India || Chairman: Dr. Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
3. Book ‘War Over Words: Censorship in India, 1930-1960’
- Books titled ‘War Over Words : Censorship in India,1930-1960’ was authored by Devika Sethi.
- Devika Sethi is a Assistant Professor in School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Mandi, Himachal Pradesh.
4. Prasar Bharati with IIT Kanpur
- An MoU is signed between Prasar Bharati and IIT Kanpur for Research Collaboration.
- Prasar Bharati is India’s largest public broadcasting agency. It is a statutory autonomous body set up by an Act of Parliament and comprises the Doordarshan Television Network and All India Radio, which were earlier media units of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- The Parliament of India passed the Prasar Bharati Act to grant this autonomy in 1990, but it was not enacted until 15 September 1997.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || CEO: Shashi Shekhar Vempati || Chairman: Dr. A. Surya Prakash
1. World Malala Day
- After Malala delivered an impassioned speech at the United Nations headquarters on the need for gender equality in education on July 12, 2013, the day has been declared as the World Malala Day by the United Nations.
- Malala Yousafzai is a Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate.
- On 10 October 2014,Malala Yousafzai was announced as the co-recipient of the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize along with Kailash Satyarthi of India.
2. 2020 World Future Energy Summit
- Abu Dhabi will host 2020 World Future Energy Summit.
- Abu Dhabi is the capital and the second most populous city of the United Arab Emirates, and also capital of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, the largest of the UAE’s seven emirates.
- The United Arab Emirates consist of a federation of Seven Emirates -7- similar to provinces. Every Emirate is ruled by a hereditary prince called “Emir” or “Amir” in Arabic.
- All 7 princes together build-up the Federal Supreme Council which is is the highest legislative and government body within the country.
- This council Elect and select one of these 7 princes (emirs) to be the President of the United Arab Emirates.
3. National Simplicity Day
- National Simplicity Day is observed on July 12th in the honour of Thoreau who was an advocate for living a life of simplicity.
- Henry David Thoreau was an American essayist, poet, and philosopher.
1. FORBES WORLD’S HIGHEST PAID ENTERTAINER 2019
- 1. TAYLOR SWIFT || $185mn || MUSICIAN
- 2. KYLIE JENNER || $170mn || PERSONALITY
- 3. KANYE WEST || $150mn || MUSICIAN
- 4. LIONEL MESSI || $127mn || ATHLETE
- 5. ED SHEERAN || $110 mn || MUSICIAN
- Actor Akshay Kumar is the only Indian in that list at 33rd Position.
2. New Chairman of Income Tax Settlement Commission
- AK Jaiswal has been appointed as the Chairman Of Income Tax Settlement Commission.
- The Settlement Commission is a statutory body and deals with the settlement applications filed by the assesses under the Income-tax Act, 1961 and the Wealth-tax Act, 1957.
- The Constitution of India → Schedule VII → Union List → Entry 82 has given the power to the Central Government to levy a tax on any income other than agricultural income, which is defined in Section 10 of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
3. Start-up Milkbasket
- Start-up Milkbasket has acquired Bengaluru’s e-grocery store PSR Supply Chain.
- Milkbasket is India’s first subscription based micro-delivery service fulfilling daily grocery and household needs of customers every morning.
1. FIFA U-17 World Cup
- The 18th edition of FIFA U-17 World Cup will be held in Brazil from 26 October 2019.
- The Fédération Internationale de Football Association is a non-profit organization which describes itself as an international governing body of association football, fútsal, beach soccer, and efootball.
- Founded: 21 May 1904 || Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland || President: Gianni Infantino
2. World Wealth Yoga Championship
- The 4th edition of World Wealth Yoga Championship 2019 was held in Sofia.
- Bulgaria: Capital: Sofia || Currency: Bulgarian Lev
- Para Athlete Toran Yadav has won 3 Medals at 4th World Wealth Yoga Championship 2019.
3. ASEAN School Games
- The 11th edition of ASEAN School Games will be held in Indonesia from July 17.
- Indonesia: President: Joko Widodo || Capital is Jakarta currency is rupiah.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31