Daily Current Affairs 12 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Archaeology
- PM Modi has inaugurated the new Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Archaeology at Greater Noida.
2. Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP)
- World Bank has provided additional financing of $137 million for the Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP).
- Rehabilitation and modernisation of 220 selected large dams in 6 states (Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Tamil Nadu and Uttarakhand).
3. India’s first holistic LGBTQ clinic
- India’s first holistic LGBTQ clinic and HIV treatment centre (community-based) was inaugurated in Mumbai.
- ART are medications that treat HIV. The drugs do not kill or cure the virus. However, when taken in combination they can prevent the growth of the virus. When the virus is slowed down, so is HIV disease. Antiretroviral drugs are referred to as ARV. Combination ARV therapy (cART) is referred to as highly active ART(HAART).
1. New Palestinian Prime Minister
- Mohammad Shtayyeh has been named as Palestinian Prime Minister.
- Palestine, officially the State of Palestine, is a de jure sovereign state in Western Asia claiming the West Bank and Gaza Strip with Jerusalem as the designated capital, although its administrative center is currently located in Ramallah.
2. Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2019
- The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India has won the First Prize in ‘TV Cinema Spot Category’ at Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2019 in Berlin.
- It was for the promotional films/television commercials produced by the Ministry as part of its Incredible India 2.0 Campaign.
3. 3rd IT corridor in China
- India has launched its 3rd IT corridor at Xuzhou city from Jiangsu Province in China.
- It will be nurtured by National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM).
- The other two IT corridors are in Dalian and Guiyang cities of China.
4. International Finance Corporation (World Bank) with Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India
- IBBI has signed a Cooperation Agreement with IFC to further build the capacity of insolvency professionals, and insolvency professional agencies.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India is the regulator for overseeing insolvency proceedings and entities like Insolvency Professional Agencies, Insolvency Professionals and Information Utilities in India.
- The International Finance Corporation is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset-management services to encourage private-sector development in developing countries. The IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington DC.
1. CII-EXIM Bank Conclave
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry will organise the 14th CII-EXIM Bank Conclave on India-Africa Project Partnerships in New Delhi
- Export–Import Bank of India is a finance institution in India, established in 1982 under Export-Import Bank of India Act 1981. Since its inception, Exim Bank of India has been both a catalyst and a key player in the promotion of cross border trade and investment.
2. IDBI Bank’ CEO
- IDBI Bank will extend the tenure of its MD and CEO Rakesh Sharma for a period of 3 years.
- IDBI BANK is a state owned bank which was established in 1964 by an Act to provide credit and other financial facilities for the development of the fledgling Indian industry. Initially it operated as a subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India before RBI transferred it to government of India.
3. Linking of Deposits Rates and Loan Rates to RBI’s Repo Rate
- SBI has become first bank to link its savings deposits rates and short-term loans to Repo Rate of RBI.
- The State Bank of India is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services statutory body. It is a government-owned statutory body headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The company is ranked 216th on the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations as of 2017.
4. Citibank India CEO
- Citigroup has named Ashu Khullar as CEO of Citibank for India operation.
- Citigroup Inc. or Citi is an American multinational investment bank and financial services corporation headquartered in New York City. The company was formed by the merger of banking giant Citicorp and financial conglomerate Travelers Group in 1998; Travelers was subsequently spun off from the company in 2002.
1. 38th GeeBee Boxing Tournament
- The 38th edition of GeeBee Boxing Tournament was held in Helsinki, Finland.
- Kavinder Singh Bisht (56kg) has won Gold Medal in the tournament.
2. Dipa Karmakar was honoured by ‘Barbie’
- Gymnast Dipa Karmakar was honoured by ‘Barbie’ in celebration of 60th anniversary of Barbie Doll.
- Dipa Karmakar is an Indian artistic gymnast. Karmakar first gained attention when she won a bronze medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, becoming the first Indian female gymnast to do so in the history of the Games.
- Barbie is a fashion doll manufactured by the American toy company Mattel, Inc. and launched in March 1959. American businesswoman Ruth Handler is credited with the creation of the doll using a German doll called Bild Lilli as her inspiration.
3. 2022 Winter Olympics
- The 2022 Winter Olympics, officially known as the XXIV Olympic Winter Games, and commonly known as Beijing 2022, is an international winter multi-sport event that is scheduled to take place from 4 to 20 February 2022, in Beijing.
- Motto -A pure passion for Ice & Snow
- Beijing is the only city to host both winter and Summer Olympic games.
- The modern Olympic Games or Olympics are leading international sporting events featuring summer and winter sports competitions in which thousands of athletes from around the world participate in a variety of competitions.
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31