Daily Current Affairs 12 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. National Tourism Award 2017-18
- ‘Andaman Holidays’ has bagged National Tourism Award 2017-18 for organising India’s first-ever yacht carnival – ‘Sail the Andamans’ – in 2018 and 2019.
- ‘Andaman Holidays’ is a leading destination management and yacht agency in the Andamans.
2. ‘mHariyali’ Mobile App
- Mobile app ‘mHariyali’ and website for ‘Environment Protection in Government Colonies’ was launched by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- It provides for automatic geotagging of plants, is user-friendly and works on any android mobile phone.
3. IAF Arjan Singh
- PM Modi released a commemorative stamp in honour of Marshal of Indian Air Force late Arjan Singh.
- Marshal of the Indian Air Force Arjan Singh, DFC was the senior most Indian Air Force officer who served at various Key positions, namely; Chief of the Air Staff from 1964 to 1969.
- Arjan Singh in 1966 became the first IAF officer to be promoted to air chief marshal.
4. Kadri Gopalnath passes away
- Dr. Kadri Gopalnath was an Indian saxophonist and one of the pioneers of Carnatic music on the saxophone.
- He had earned the distinction of being the 1st Carnatic musician to be invited in the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation ) Promenade concert in 1994
1. Nobel Peace Prize 2019
- The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided to award 2019 Nobel Peace Prize to Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Ali.
- It is given for his efforts to achieve peace and international cooperation, and in particular for his decisive initiative to resolve the border conflict with neighbouring Eritrea.
2. Global Competitiveness Index 2019
- India has fallen 10 places and ranked at 68th position on Global Competitiveness Index 2019 compiled by World Economic Forum.
- 1. Singapore
- 2. USA
- 3. Hong Kong
- 4. Netherlands
- 5. Switzerland
- 6. Japan
- 7. Germany
- 8. Sweden
- 9. United Kingdom
- The World Economic Forum, based in Cologny-Geneva, Switzerland, was founded in 1971 as a not-for-profit organization. It was granted “other international body” status in January 2015 by the Swiss Federal Government under the Swiss Host-State Act.
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland || Founder: Klaus Schwab || Founded: January 1971 || Motto: Committed to improving the state of the world || Leader: Klaus Schwab
3. World migratory bird day
- World Migratory Bird Day on the second Saturday of May and October to highlight the need to protect migratory birds and their habitats.
- Theme: ‘Protect Birds: Be the Solution to Plastic Pollution’.
- It is celebrated biannually on second Saturday in May and October starting from 2018. For year 2019 it was celebrated on 11 May and 12 October, 2019.
4. C40 Climate Change Summit
- Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal addressed ‘C40 Climate Change Summit’ at Denmark through video conferencing on solutions to tackle air pollution.
- C40 is a network of the world’s megacities committed to addressing climate change. C40 supports cities to collaborate effectively, share knowledge and drive meaningful, measurable and sustainable action on climate change.
- Around the world, C40 Cities connects 94 of the world’s greatest cities to take bold climate action, leading the way towards a healthier and more sustainable future.
- Representing 700+ million citizens and one quarter of the global economy, mayors of the C40 cities are committed to delivering on the most ambitious goals of the Paris Agreement at the local level, as well as to cleaning the air we breathe.
5. World Post Day
- World Post day happens each year on October 9, the anniversary of the Universal Postal Union, which started in 1874 in Switzerland.
- The UPU was the start of the global communications revolution, introducing the ability to write to others all over the world. World Post Day started in 1969.
- Aim: To highlight the importance of the postal services.
1. ISRO World Space Week exhibition
- The ISRO World Space Week-2019 exhibition has started in Tiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu.
- World Space Week is an international celebration of science and technology, and their contribution to the betterment of the human condition.
- It is celebrated from October 4 to October 10 every year.
- October 4, 1957: Launch of the first human-made Earth satellite, Sputnik 1, thus opening the way for space exploration.
2. GeM with Union Bank of India
- Government e-Marketplace (GeM) has signed an MoU with Union Bank of India to offer an array of services.
- It includes transfer of funds through GeM Pool Accounts (GPA), advising of Performance Bank Guarantees (e-PBG) and Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) to the registered users on the GeM portal.
- Union Bank of India is one of the largest government-owned banks of India; the government owns over 90% of its share capital. It is listed on the Forbes 2000, and has assets of US$13.45 billion. UBI has around 4,300 branches.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || CEO: Rajkiran Rai G.
3. India GDP Growth Forecast
- Moody’s has lowered India’s Gross Domestic Products Growth projection to 5.8%.
- World Bank has lowered India’s Gross Domestic Products Growth projection to 6% from 7.5% earlier.
- India Ratings has lowered India’s Gross Domestic Products Growth projection to 6.1%
4. Forbes India Rich List 2019
- Reliance Chairman Mukesh Ambani held the top spot for the 12th consecutive year with a net worth of $51.4 billion.
- 2. Gautam Adani || Adani Ports & SEZ || 15.7 billion.
- 3. Hinduja brothers || Ashok Leyland || 15.6 billion.
- 4. Pallonji Mistry || Shapoorji Pallonji Group || 15 billion.
- 5. Uday Kotak || Kotak Mahindra Bank || 14.8 billion.
1. India’s first woman match referee in ICC event
- Indian referee GS Lakshmi will become the first woman referee of India to officiate in an ICC event.
- She is in the list of the match officials for the league phase of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Qualifier 2019.
2. Brand ambassador of Cultsport
- Cricketer Jasprit Bumrah appointed as a brand ambassador of Cultsport.
- Cultsport under CureFit is an Indian health and fitness company that offers digital and offline experiences across fitness, nutrition, and mental well-being.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15
- Daily Current Affairs: October 16
- Daily Current Affairs: October 17
- Daily Current Affairs: October 18
- Daily Current Affairs: October 19
- Daily Current Affairs: October 20
- Daily Current Affairs: October 21
- Daily Current Affairs: October 22
- Daily Current Affairs: October 23
- Daily Current Affairs: October 24
- Daily Current Affairs: October 25
- Daily Current Affairs: October 26
- Daily Current Affairs: October 27
- Daily Current Affairs: October 28
- Daily Current Affairs: October 29
- Daily Current Affairs: October 30
- Daily Current Affairs: October 31