Daily Current Affairs 12 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. First Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh HC
- Justice Vikram Nath has been appointed as the first Chief Justice of recently constituted Andhra Pradesh High Court at Amaravati.
- Capital:- Amaravati || Governor: E. S. L. Narasimhan || Chief minister: N. Chandrababu Naidu
2. Saraswati Samman 2018
- Telugu poet K Siva Reddy has been selected for Saraswati Samman for the year 2018.
- He will be awarded for his collection of poetry titled ‘Pakkaki Ottigilite’.
- 2017 Winner :- Sitanshu Yashaschandra (Gujarati)
- The Saraswati Samman is an annual award for outstanding prose or poetry literary works in any 22 Indian language listed in Schedule VIII of the Constitution of India. It is named after an Indian goddess of learning and is considered to be among the highest literary awards in India.
3. National Safe Motherhood Day
- National Safe Motherhood Day. The National Safe Motherhood Day (NSMD) is celebrated every year on April 11 to create awareness on proper healthcare and maternity facilities to pregnant and lactating women.
- Theme :- ‘Midwives for Mothers’.
- This day is celebrated due to the initiative of the White Ribbon Alliance India (WRAI) to provide and inform women for healthcare habits
- National Safe Motherhood Day which is the anniversary day of Kasturba Gandhi’s birth. She is wife of Mohan das Karam Chand Gandhi, the father of nation.
1. Algeria’s New President
- Algeria’s parliament has confirmed Abdelkader Bensalah as new interim president, following resignation by Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
- Algeria Capital: Algiers || Currency: Algerian dinar.
2. India’s Population Growth Rate by United Nations Population Fund (UNPFA)
- According to a report by United Nations Population Fund, India’s Population grew at an average annual rate of 1.2% between 2010 and 2019 to 1.36 billion.
- It is more than double the annual growth rate of China.
- India’s population:- In 2019: 1.36 billion || 942.2 million in 1994.
- China’s population:- In 2019: 1.42 billion || 1.23 billion in 1994.
- The United Nations Population Fund, formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN organization. The UNFPA says it “is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled”.
3. WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange
- Julian Paul Assange is an Australian computer programmer, journalist and the founder and director of WikiLeaks.
- He is currently in police custody in London after having been arrested on 11 April 2019 by the Metropolitan Police Service for breaching his bail conditions in December 2010.
- WikiLeaks is an international non-profit organisation that publishes secret information, news leaks, and classified media provided by anonymous sources. Its website, initiated in 2006 in Iceland by the organisation Sunshine Press, claims a database of 10 million documents in 10 years since its launch.
4. New Prime Minister of Haiti
- President of Haiti Jovenel Moise confirmed Jean-Michel Lapin as new Prime Minister of Haiti.
- Haiti is a Caribbean country that shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican Republic to its east.
- Haiti Capital: Port-au-Prince || Currency: Haitian gourde.
1. New MD & CEO of Canara Bank
- R A Sankara Narayanan has been appointed as the new MD and CEO of Canara Bank by Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- Canara Bank is one of the largest public sector banks owned by the Government of India. It is headquartered in Bengaluru. It was established at Mangalore in 1906 by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. It is one of the oldest public sector banks in the country. The government nationalized the bank in 1969.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru || Founder: Ammembal Subba Rao Pai || Subsidiaries: Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance Company Limited
2. All India Management Association (AIMA) Managing India Awards 2019
- Lifetime Contribution Award :- Azim H Premji Chairman, Wipro Ltd
- Entrepreneur of the year :- Sanjiv Bajaj Managing Director, Bajaj Finserv Ltd
- Indian MNC of the Year :- Pawan Goenka, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, Managing Director
- MNC in India of the Year :- T Krishnakumar, Coca-Cola India, President & CEO, India & Southwest Asia
- Outstanding PSU of the Year :- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (Sanjiv Singh, Chairman).
3. Google Pay with MMTC-PAMP India
- Google Pay has partnered with bullion refiner MMTC—PAMP India to allow Google Pay users to buy and sell gold through app.
- Established in 2008, MMTC-PAMP India is among the world’s most advanced gold and silver refining and minting facilities. The company is set up as a joint venture between India’s MMTC (a Government of India Undertaking) and Switzerland’s PAMP SA (the world’s leading bullion brand), part of the MKS PAMP GROUP.
- PAMP is one of only three refineries in the world accredited as a Good Delivery Referee by both the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) and London Platinum & Palladium Market (LPPM). MMTC-PAMP India operates under the direct technical supervision of PAMP.
4. ‘Public Water Agency of the Year’ Award
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) was awarded with ‘Public Water Agency of the Year’ by Global Water Intelligence.
- Global Water Intelligence is the leading publisher and event’s organiser serving the international water industry.
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) is the implementation wing of National Ganga Council which was set up in October 2016 under the River Ganga (Rejuvenation, Protection and Management) Authorities order 2016.The aim is to clean the Ganga and its tributaries in a comprehensive manner.
1. 18th FIBA Basket Ball World Cup
- The 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup will be the 18th tournament of the FIBA Basketball World Cup for men’s national basketball teams. The tournament will be hosted in China.
- Yan Xu’s design, a Chinese Dragon-inspired named Son of Dreams, was announced to be the winning mascot.
- The top eight teams, including Japan as the host of the 2020 Summer Olympics (and the top two teams from each of the Americas and Europe; and the top team from each of Africa, Asia and Oceania) in this competition will qualify for the men’s basketball event in the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo.
- Both the Czech Republic and Montenegro will make their first appearances in the FIBA World Cup as debutants.
2. 2019 Africa Cup of Nations
- Egypt was chosen by the CAF Executive Committee as the host nation of 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
- The CAF Africa Cup of Nations, officially CAN, also referred to as AFCON, or Total Africa Cup of Nations for sponsorship reasons, is the main international association football competition in Africa. It is sanctioned by the Confederation of African Football and was first held in 1957.
3. 2019 Singapore Open
- The 2019 Singapore Open, is a badminton tournament which takes place at Singapore Indoor Stadium in Singapore from 9 to 14 April 2019 and has a total purse of $355,000.
- The Singapore Open is a badminton event that has been held in Singapore annually since 1987, and which is now part of the BWF Super Series tournament that began 2007.
- BWF categorised Singapore Open as one of the seven BWF World Tour Super 500 events as per new BWF events structure since 2018.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30