Daily Current Affairs 12 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. All female SWAT team
- Delhi Police has instated in an all-Female special weapons and tactics (SWAT) team.
- This is for the very first time in India that such a team has been instated.
2. Defence Industrial Corridor
- Nirmala Sitharaman and Yogi Adityanath inducted defence industrial corridor in Aligarh,UP to develop special areas dedicated to defence production.
- Six nodal points for the corridor will be Agra, Aligarh, Lucknow, Kanpur, Chitrakoot and Jhansi.
3. Air quality index by CPCB
- According to Index, Gurugram is India’s most polluted city.
- The AQI of Gurugram has crossed 300 mark which is in Very Poor category.
1. First Muslim Woman in US Congress
- Rashida Tlaib as became the first woman elected in congress.
- She has defeated Detroit City Council President Brenda Jones.
2. List of 100 female trailblazers
- Marie Curie has been named the most influential woman in history in a list of 100 female trailblazers.
- She was nominated by Patricia Fara (President of the British Society for the History of Science).
3. SCO Grinding Mission 2018
- SCO Grinding Mission 2018 will be organized in Russia.
- Joint exercises-2018 will be started at Russia’s Central Military Commission in Chebarkul,Russia.
1. Remittances Data in 2016-17
- The United Arab Emirates is the top source of inward remittances.
- Kerala has received maximum inward remittances.
2. Bajaj Allianz General Insurance with Vijaya Bank
- This corporate agreement will enable distribution of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance products through the bank’s network of 2,129 branches across the country.
- This will enable distribution of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance products through Vijaya Bank.
3. First blockchain bond
- World Bank has granted permission for world’s first blockchain bond.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) will arrange the first bond globally allocated, transferred and managed using blockchain technology.
1. 2018 Joan Gamper Trophy
- Spanish side and hosts Barcelona will face Argentine side Boca Juniors at the Camp Nou in Barcelona.
- The 2018 Joan Gamper Trophy will be the 53rd edition of the Joan Gamper Trophy, an annual friendly football match held in August each year.
- Madurai Panthers won TNPL 2018, beat Dindigul Dragons by 7 wickets.
- The Tamil Nadu Premier League is a professional Twenty20 cricket league in Tamil Nadu, India. The league was formed by the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association in 2016.
3. Calcutta Football League-2018
- This event is ongoing, Mohun Bagan 1-0 beat George Telegraph.
- Calcutta Football League (CFL) is the football league system where several football clubs of the Indian city of Kolkata (Calcutta) participate.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12