Daily Current Affairs 12 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Increase in UK visas : Report
- The number of visas granted by the UK to Indian nationals in the year till Sep 2017 has increased by 9% as compared to last year.
- Visitor visas increased by 11% and student visas increased by 27%.
2. Special courts to be set up for trials against MLAs
- A total of 12 special courts will be set up across the country to fast-track 1,571 pending cases against MPs and MLAs.
- The courts will initially be set up for one year and quarterly reports on the status of the cases will also be presented to the top court.
3. Chhattisgarh madrasas to offer formal education from 2018
- Chhattisgarh Madrasa Board will introduce NCERT based formal school curriculum in madrasas from Class 9.
- This is the first such move by a BJP rules state and second by a state after West Bengal.
1. China building refugee camps along N Korea border : Reports
- China is building a network of refugee camps along the 1,416 km long border with North Korea to house thousands of migrants fleeing a possible crisis on the Korean peninsula.
- This comes amid rising tensions over North Korea’s nuclear programme.
2. Russia urges India to join China’s Belt and Road initiative
- The initiative aims to connect Asia and Europe through a network of roads and waterways.
- India had opposed to the project, whose key route goes through Pakistan-controlled Kashmir, over sovereignty concerns.
1. Retail inflation hits 15-month high of 4.88%
- India’s retail inflation measured by the Consumer Price Index(CPI) stood at 4.88% in November.
- This is higher than the RBI’s medium-term target of 4%.
2.Bitcoin’s valuations extreme, bubble-like : BlackRock exec
- The executive said “BlackRock’s view is that this isn’t a financial asset like we would trade in terms of equities”.
- She added that as the cryptocurrency’s valuation go higher in the future, there is likely to be more volatility in its price
1. India to host 2023 Cricket World Cup ,2021 Champions Trophy
- This will be the first time that India will entirely host the World Cup after having previously hosted the tournament partially in 3 editions.
- India were handed the two tournaments’ hosting rights in 2013, during the ICC Annual Conference.
2. Add international medalists to govt health scheme : Sachin to PM Modi
- Sachin requested PM Modi to include them in the central govt health scheme (CGHS).
- CGHS is availed by all central government employees.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14