Daily Current Affairs 12 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Appointment of Shaktikanta Das as Governor of RBI
- Central Govt. has appointed Shaktikanta Das as the Governor of RBI.
- He is a IAS Retd.(TamilNadu:1980) and former Secretary of Department of Economic Affairs.
2. Book ‘Of Counsel: The Challenges of the Modi-Jaitley Economy’
- The Book ‘Of Counsel: The Challenges of the Modi-Jaitley Economy’ is authored by former chief economic adviser Arvind Subramanian.
- Arvind Subramanian is an Indian economist and the former Chief Economic Adviser to the Government of India, having taken charge of the position on 16 October 2014 to 20 June 2018 succeeding Raghuram Rajan.
3. Exercise Hand-in-Hand
- The 7th China-India joint exercise Hand-in-Hand 2018 was held at Chengdu, China.
- China Capital: Beijing || Currency: Renminbi.
4. ENSURE- National Livestock Mission-EDEG (https://ensure.nabard.org)
- Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh has launched a portal ENSURE- National Livestock Mission-EDEG which is developed by NABARD.
- This portal is for subsidy payment for activities to the beneficiary’s account through Direct Benefit Transfer DBT.
- This portal will make sure the process of DBT better, simpler and transparent and processing of application can be made readily available.
1. International Mountain Day
- The International Mountain Day was observed on December 11.
- Theme :- #MountainsMatter.
- It is celebrated by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
2. Second Man-Made object to leave the Solar System
- Voyager 2 Spacecraft has reached interstellar space.
- Voyager 2 is a space probe launched by NASA on August 20, 1977, to study the outer planets. Part of the Voyager program, it was launched 16 days before its twin, Voyager 1, on a trajectory that took longer to reach Jupiter and Saturn but enabled further encounters with Uranus and Neptune.
3. UNICEF Day 2018
- UNICEF Day 2018 was observed on December 11.
- The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund was created by the United Nations General Assembly on 11 December 1946, to provide emergency food and health-care to children in countries that had been devastated by World War II.
4. Time’s Person of the Year
- Killed and imprisoned journalists – “The Guardians” – have been named 2018’s “Person of the Year” by Time.
- The magazine featured four different covers with journalists who have been targeted for their work this year.They include Jamal Khashoggi who was killed in the Saudi embassy in Turkey.
- Staff from Capital Gazette, the US newspaper where five people were killed, are featured, along with Maria Ressa of the Philippines and the wives of Myanmar’s Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe Oo.
1. Chairman of Coca-Cola Company
- James Quincey has been elected as the 14th chairman of the Coca-Cola Company.
- He will be replacing Muhtar Kent in April 2019.
2. 38th member of the Financial Action Task Force
- Israel has become the 38th full-time member of the Financial Action Task Force.
- The Financial Action Task Force is an intergovernmental organization founded in 1989 on the initiative of the G7 to develop policies to combat money laundering. In 2001 its mandate expanded to include terrorism financing.
- Headquarters: Paris, France || President: Marshall Billingslea || Abbreviation: FATF || Founded: 1989 || Membership: 38 || Purpose: Combat money laundering and terrorism financing
3. Chief Business Officer of Walmart India
- Walmart India has appointed Sameer Aggarwal as its Chief Business Officer.
- Walmart Inc. is an American multinational retail corporation that operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores. Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, the company was founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and incorporated on October 31, 1969.
4. Asian Development Bank with TamilNadu
- Govt. has signed a loan agreement of worth $31 million with Asian Development Bank to boost the tourism in Tamil Nadu.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
1. Medalist Krishna Poonia is now MLA
- Discus Thrower Krishna Poonia(Congress) has won the Sadulpur assembly seat in Rajasthan.
- Krishna Poonia is an Indian discus thrower. She led an Indian clean sweep in the women’s discus final on 11 October 2010, winning the Delhi Commonwealth Games gold medal with a throw of 61.51 metres. The Government of India awarded her the civilian honour of Padma Shri in 2011.
2. Sports Illustrated Sports-person of the Year
- Team Golden State Warriors have been named as Sports Illustrated Sports-person of the Year 2018.
- The Golden State Warriors are an American professional basketball team based in Oakland, California. The Warriors compete in the National Basketball Association, as a member of the league’s Western Conference Pacific Division.
3. WTA Coach of the Year
- Sascha Bajin has become the first recipient of the Women’s Tennis Association Coach of the Year Award.
- Sascha Bajin is the coach of Naomi Osaka (World Number Five).
- Naomi Osaka is a professional tennis player who represents Japan. She is the reigning US Open champion in women’s singles. Osaka has a career-high Women’s Tennis Association ranking of No. 4 in the world, which she achieved in October 2018. She has won two titles and reached four finals on the WTA Tour.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12