Daily Current Affairs 12 February 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 February 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 February 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 February 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Book ‘A Child of Destiny’
- Book titled ‘A Child of Destiny’ is an autobiography penned by Prof. K. Ramakrishna Rao, was released by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu.
- Koneru Ramakrishna Rao is a philosopher, psychologist, parapsychologist, educationist, teacher, researcher and administrator. The Government of India awarded him the civilian honour of Padma Shri in 2011.
2. Hornbill festival in Tripura
- The first-ever hornbill festival in Tripura has begun with an aim to raise awareness among people for bird conservation.
- Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb inaugurated the two-day festival at Barmura Eco park.
3. National Conference on e-Governance
- The 23rd edition of National Conference on e-Governance has been held in Mumbai.
- It is inaugurated by Minister for Environment, Tourism & Protocol, Government of Maharashtra, Aaditya Thackeray at National Sports Club of India (NSCI) Worli.
4. India’s first Glass Floor Suspension Bridge
- India’s first Glass Floor Suspension Bridge will be built across the River Ganga in Rishikesh.
- Uttarakhand: Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat || Governor: Baby Rani Maurya.
5. National Productivity Day
- National Productivity Day is observed on 12 February annually to increase the productivity culture in India.
- National Productivity Council is an autonomous registered society under DIPP (Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade), Ministry of Commerce & Industry. It was established in the year 1985. Its core function is to promote and adopt the new and improved culture of productivity in India.
1. Exercise Ajeya Warrior
- India and the United Kingdom will conduct the 5th edition of joint military exercise ‘Ajeya Warrior-2020’ in UK.
- The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in northwestern Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.
2. Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, and Nepal (BBIN) MVA
- Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, and Nepal (BBIN) deliberated upon a proposed MoU for the implementation of BBIN Motor Vehicles Agreement ‘BBIN MVA’ for the regulation of passengers, personal and cargo vehicular traffic among the four countries.
- The Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal Initiative is a sub-regional architecture of countries in Eastern South Asia, a sub region of South Asia.
1. Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management
- National Institute of Financial Management, Faridabad will be renamed as Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management.
- The National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM) was set up in 1993 as a training institution for officers recruited by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) through the annual Civil Service Examinations and allocated to the various services responsible for managing senior and top management posts dealing with accounts and finance in the Government of India.
2. Star Rating of Mines in India
- Ministry of Coal has launched a web portal for star rating of coal mines to promote sustainable mining practices with the help of technology.
- The Ministry of Coal is an Indian government ministry headquartered in New Delhi. The portfolio is held by Cabinet Minister Pralhad Joshi.
3. New Rs 1 Currency Note
- The Finance Ministry in a gazette notification, said it will circulate a new Rs 1 note in a pink-green on obverse and reverse in combination with others.
- The Rs 1 note will have the bilingual signature of Atanu Chakraborty, Secretary, Finance Ministry.
4. MakeMyTrip CEO resigns
- Online travel agency MakeMyTrip’s founder Deep Kalra has stepped down as group Chief Executive Officer.
- MakeMyTrip has announced Rajesh Magow as new Group CEO.
- MakeMyTrip Limited is an Indian online travel company founded in 2000. Headquartered in Gurugram, Haryana, the company provides online travel services including flight tickets, domestic and international holiday packages, hotel reservations, and rail and bus tickets.
1. Raju Bharatan passes away
- Veteran cricket journalist Raju Bharatan has passed away.
- Raju Bharatan was a journalist and writer on Indian cricket and Bollywood music. He worked for a weekly features magazine, The Illustrated Weekly of India, and an Indian films weekly newspaper, Screen.
2. National Snooker Championship
- National Snooker Championship Men’s’ Winner: Aditya Mehta.
- National Snooker Championship Women’s Winner: Vidya Pillai.
- The National Snooker Championship held in Pune, Maharashtra.