Daily Current Affairs 12 January 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 January 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 January 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 January 2018 Current affairs test.
1.ISRO successfully launched its 100th satellite today.
- ISRO launched its 100th satellite from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh, along with the 30 other satellites.
- 3 satellites were from India and the remaining 28 were foreign, including micro and nano-satellites from six countries.
2.Women BSF bikers will take part in Republic Day parade for the first time.
- An all women bikers contingent named ‘Seema Bhavani’ from the Border Security Forces will be a part of Republic day parade this year for the first time.
- The women contingents of Army, Navy and Air Force made their debut in 2015.
3.Gujarat will not release ‘Padmaavat’ says CM Vijay Rupani.
- Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani has said that film ‘Padmaavat’ will not be released in the state.
- Rupani earlier said that the state banned it because of the way women have been represented in the film.
4.Danone will shut down its dairy business in India.
- The company said that despite repeated efforts, dairy businesses accounted for only around 10% of the company’s revenue in India.
- It also said that it will have a sharper focus on growing its nutrition portfolio in India, which accounted for over 90% of its businesses in the country.
1.PM Modi named No.3 world leader.
- Gallup International Association(GIA) has ranked Indian PM Modi as the number three world leader in its annual survey. This is the highest ever ranked bagged by any Indian PM in GIA global polls.
- Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin were ranked at the 11th and 6th position respectively.
2.Why should US allow immigrants from shithole nations: Trump.
- Donald Trump said, “Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” rejecting an immigration deal to allow immigrants from EI Salvador, Haiti and certain African nations.
- His remarks sparked criticism with Democrats accusing him of racism.
3.NASA finds ice buried under Mar’s surface.
- 8 sites with thick deposits of ice beneath Martian surface are exposed on eroding slopes found by NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter mission.
- A cross-section of underground ice is seen in blue in the enhanced-colour image shared by NASA.
4.1st women only car showroom opened in Saudi Arabia.
- A Saudi private company opened the Kingdom’s first car showroom exclusively for women.
- This comes after Saudi Arabia’s King Salman granted women rights to drive, abolishing an almost three-decade ban based on religious reasons.
1.Shares of crypto-related firms have risen 218,000% in 2 years.
- Share prices of 32 publicly traded firms worldwide, that use “blockchain” or “crypto” to describe what they do, have risen 218,000% over the past two years.
- US-based Long Island Iced Tea’s shares had surged nearly 300% after it changed its name to ‘Long Blockchain Corp’.
2.IBM names James Kavanaugh as Chief Financial Officer.
- He replaced Martin Schroeter from the position who took over the position in 2014.
- Kavanaugh previously served IBM and AT&T as Controller and CFO respectively.
3.Shree Cement to acquire majority stake in UAE’s Union Cement.
- West Bengal-based cement producer Shree Cement has agreed to acquire a majority stake in the United Arab Emirates-based Union Cement Company, the Company revealed.
- Established in 1972, the Union Cement Company was the first cement producer established in the UAE.
1.Rabada is the youngest ever top-ranked Test Bowler.
- South African pacer Kagiso Rabada, who recently became the top ranked bowler in Test Cricket, is the youngest bowler, aged 22, ever to top the ICC Test rankings for bowlers.
- Rabada achieved this record surpassing the record of former England bowler George Lohmann, who became the highest ranked Test bowler.
2.India’s Test Triple centurion Nair hits 48-ball 100 in T20.
- India’s second Test triple centurion Karun Nair smashed a hundred off 48 balls in a T20 match against Tamil Nadu.
- Nair and Sehwag are the only two players to hit 300 for India. Sehwag slammed 300-plus twice in his career.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12