Daily Current Affairs 12 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Indian Paint Conference (trade show of Indian Paints & Coatings industry)
- The 29th Indian Paint Conference–2019 was held in Agra, UP.
- Theme :- ‘Paints Pe Charcha – Naye Aayaam’.
2. Centre for Classical Language
- Centre for Classical Language will be set up the Centre for Classical Language at the Thunchath Ezhuthachan Malayalam University in Tirur, Kerala.
- Tamil was the first Classical Language of India (Total 6 Languages). The government declared Tamil (in 2004), Sanskrit (in 2005).
- Latest ones in the list:- Malayalam (since 2013) and Odiya (since 2014)
3. Meera Sanyal passes away
- Meera Sanyal was an Indian banker and politician. She served as CEO and chairperson of the Royal Bank of Scotland in India.
- She contested in the election as the Aam Aadmi Party candidate in South Mumbai in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
- She is Author of ’The Big Reverse – how demonetization knocked India out’.
4. First Island to be operated by Seaplanes
- Andaman will be the First island to be operated by Seaplanes Under UDAN-3 Scheme.
- UDAN-RCS, UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik) is a regional airport development and “Regional Connectivity Scheme” (RCS) of Government of India, with the objective of “letting the common citizen of the country fly”, aimed at making air travel affordable and widespread, to boost inclusive national economic development, job growth and air transport infrastructure development of all regions and states of India
1. Organics and Millets-2019 International Trade Fair
- Karnataka Govt. will organise ‘Organics and Millets-2019 International Trade Fair in Bengaluru Palace Grounds.
- Karnataka is a state in southwest India with Arabian Sea coastlines. The capital, Bengaluru (formerly Bangalore), is a high-tech hub known for its shopping and nightlife. To the southwest, Mysore is home to lavish temples including Mysore Palace, former seat of the region’s maharajas. Hampi, once the medieval Vijayanagara empire’s capital, contains ruins of Hindu temples, elephant stables and a stone chariot.
2. New PM of Taiwan
- Su Tseng-chang has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Taiwan by President Tsai Ing-wen.
- Taiwan Capital: Taipei || Currency: New Taiwan dollar
3. New President of Venezuela
- Nicolas Maduro was sworn in as Venezuela’s President for a second term.
- Venezuela Capital: Caracas || Currency: Venezuelan bolivar
4. Honorary rank to Nepal Army Chief
- President Kovind has conferred the honorary rank of General of the Indian Army on Purna Chandra Thapa.
- Purna Chandra Thapa is the Chief of the Army Staff of Nepalese Army.
1. Partnership Summit 2019
- VP M. Venkaiah Naidu has inaugurated the 25h Partnership Summit 2019 in Mumbai.
- The Partnership Summit 2019 is being organised by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, the Maharashtra Govt. and the Confederation of Indian Industry.
2. Currency swap deal with Japan
- Govt. has approved $75 billion currency swap deal with Japan.
- It was a Bilateral Swap Arrangement (BSA) between Reserve Bank of India and Bank of Japan.
3. Ashok Chawla steps down
- Ashok Chawla has stepped down as Chairman of the National Stock Exchange.
- The National Stock Exchange of India Limited is the leading stock exchange of India, located in Mumbai. The NSE was established in 1992 as the first demutualized electronic exchange in the country.
4. GST Tax Exemption Limit
- In the 32th meeting of GST Council, It has relaxed the tax exemption limit to Rs 40 lakh from the earlier Rs 20 lakh.
- Goods and Services Tax is an indirect tax levied in India on the supply of goods and services. GST is levied at every step in the production process, but is meant to be refunded to all parties in the various stages of production other than the final consumer.
1. India’s Chef de Mission for Tokyo Olympics
- Birendra Prasad Baishya has been named as Chef de Mission for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
- He is currently President of Indian Weightlifting Federation.
2. Tokyo 2020
- Tokyo Olympics will be held from 24 July to 9 August, 2020
- 207 nations will participate in 339 event across 33 sports (50 disciplines) in the Games.
- Tokyo will host the Game for the second time in 2020 after 1964.
- The mascot for the Olympics is Miraitowa.Miraitowa, which is a combination of the Japanese words for future and eternity;
3. Albie Morkel has retired
- South African cricketer Albie Morkel has retired from all forms of cricket.
- He represented South Africa in 58 ODIs, 50 T20Is and a Test.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12