Daily Current Affairs 12 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Global Innovation Index
- The Global Innovation Index (GII) has ranked India as the 57th most innovative nation in the world.
- India has been improving since it was ranked 60th in 2017.
2. PM inaugurates new ASI Headquarters in New Delhi
- Narendra Modi, inaugurated Dharohar Bhawan – the new Headquarters building of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI)
- The Archaeological Survey of India is a Government of India organisation responsible for archaeological research and the conservation and preservation of cultural monuments in the country. It was founded in 1861 by the British Raj.
3. India joined European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- India becomes the 69th shareholder of the European Bank for Reconstruction & Development (EBRD).
- EBRD is headquartered in London UK.
4. Maharashtra to launch ‘One farmer one transformer’
- Maharashtra government will launch a new scheme allocating “one transformer per farmer” in order to mitigate the electricity consumption.
- Two lakh farmers will be given electricity connection for high voltage distribution line which will ensure uninterrupted power supply.
1. Two Indian-origin techies on America’s Richest Self-Made Women list
- Arista Networks CEO Jayshree Ullal is ranked 18th with a fortune of $1.3 billion.
- IT consulting firm Syntel Co-Founder Neerja Sethi was ranked 21st with $1-billion fortune.
2. UNSC Resolution 2427
- The United Nations Security Council has adopted Resolution 2427 aimed at providing legal framework for mainstreaming protection, rights, well-being and empowerment of children.
- The resolution has won unanimous approval of the 15 members of the council.
3. First Indian personality to get a ‘talking statue’ at Madame Tussauds
- Anushka Sharma is set to become the first Indian personality to get a ‘talking statue’ at Madame Tussauds Singapore.
- The interactive statue, which will be seen holding a phone, will greet fans with messages if one picks up the phone.
1. T Latha Appointed New MD and CEO of Dhanlaxmi Bank
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Limited has appointed T Latha as the Managing Director and CEO.
- She has taken over from G Sreeram.
2. Telecom Commission approves net neutrality
- Telecom Commission has approved the recommendations made by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India on net neutrality.
- This will ensure that all web traffic is treated fairly, and that internet service providers won’t block, throttle, or favour any content or services.
3. BSE Sensex rose to a all-time high
- BSE Sensex rose to a fresh all-time high in early trade overtaking the previous peak of 36,443.
- Nifty crossed the 11,000 mark for the first time since February 1.
1. India Women’s Cricket Team Coach Tushar Arothe has stepped down
- Due to some personal reasons,Tushar Arothe Resigns as India Women’s Cricket Coach.
- Mithali Raj is the captain of India Women’s Cricket Team.
2. The entire Indian hockey team in the Target Olympic Podium Scheme
- The entire Indian hockey team in the Target Olympic Podium Scheme, rewarding the players for their silver medal-winning performance at the Champions Trophy.
- P Sreejesh will Captain Indian Hockey Team in Upcoming Asian Games.
3. Indian Satyarup Siddhanta climbed The Mt Ojos del Salado
- Satyarup Siddhanta has become the second Indian mountaineer after Malli Mastan Babu.
- Mt Ojos del Salado, the highest volcano in the world.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12