Daily Current Affairs 12 June 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This article, Daily Current Affairs 12 June 2017, includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports events. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through this article, that is, Daily Current Affairs 12 June 2017, we would recommend to you to try 12 June 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Government launches Tele-Law initiative.
- Indian government has launched the “Tele-law” initiative to help rural individual’s access legal experts through video conferencing.
- The initiative was the result of a joint effort by the Ministry of Law and Justice, and the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- In its first phase, the Tele-law initiative is being rolled out in 500 Common Service Centres (CSCs) across Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
- The initiative eventually aims to create access points to legal aid at the panchayat level all across the country using technology-based platforms.
- Union Minister of Law and Justice – Ravi Shankar Prasad
2. Indira Gandhi A life in Nature book launched.
- The book “Indira Gandhi – A life in Nature”, was launched by Congress president Sonia Gandhi at the Indira Gandhi Memorial.
- Former Union minister Jairam Ramesh have authored the book while Simon & Schuster have published by the book.
- The book showcases how Indira Gandhi led India to the path of conservation and made it a priority of economic development.
- The book would be made available in a number of languages including Hindi, Malayali, Kannada and some others.
3. India’s retail inflation hits record low.
- India’s retail inflation in May cooled to a record low of 2.18% from 2.99% in April.
- May’s inflation level is the lowest since India began measuring consumer price inflation in 2012.
- It remains well below the Reserve Bank of India’s medium-term target of 4 per cent for the seventh month in a row.
4. Sickle Cell Advocate of the Year.
- Sickle Cell 101, California based non-profit organisation that specialises in Sickle Cell education, has honoured Dr Sudam Kate for his extraordinary work in sickle cell screening and research with prestigious 2017 Sickle Cell Advocate of the Year award.
- The award comprises $500 as prize and an appreciation certificate.
- Dr Kate is first Indian to receive this international award.
- He has screened more than two lakh people for sickle cell and identified over 3,000 patients in tribal community from Maharashtra, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh.
1. EU and France grant 3.5m euros to curb emissions in India.
- Aiming to reduce emissions and promote sustainability to help India’s smart city programme, France and European Union have extended a grant of 3.5 million euros under Moblise Your City initiative.
- Three Indian cities Nagpur, Kochi and Ahmedabad will get the grant as part of the EU’s commitment under the Paris Climate agreement.
- MYC aims to extend help to 100 cities globally to reduce Green House Gas emissions by promoting sustainable urban transport and to promote sustainability in urban spaces.
- Headquarters of European Union – Brussels, Belgium
2. Puerto Rico votes in favour of becoming 51st US state.
- Plebiscite in US’s oldest and largest colony, Puerto Rico, has returned an overwhelming vote in favour of becoming the 51st state of the union.
- Over half a million people voted in favour of the territory becoming a full state, with only 7,800 votes for free association or independence, and 6,800 votes for the current territorial status.
- US Congress will now have to decide whether it wants to expand the nation’s borders and accept the Caribbean island into the Union.
- Puerto Rico has been under the control of the US since 1898 and was taken in the Spanish-American war.
Capital of Puerto Rico – San Juan
1. Amit Sinha to be the COO of Paytm Mall.
- Paytm Mall, the e-commerce arm of One97 Communications has appointed Amit Sinha as its chief operating officer.
- He will be responsible for overall operations, hiring, category management and logistics.
- Paytm recently demerged its e-commerce business into a separate entity called Paytm E-Commerce Pvt. which runs Paytm Mall.
- CEO of Paytm – Vijay Shekhar Sharma
1. Rafael Nadal wins 10th French Open title.
- Rafael Nadal demolished Stan Wawrinka in finals to win 10th French Open title.
- This is Nadal’s 15th Grand Slam title overall, surpassing Sampras to be placed second in all-time list behind Federer’s 18.
- He also become the first man in history to win the same major 10 times.
- With this win Nadal returned to the 2nd positions of the Emirates ATP Rankings for the first time since 6 October 2014.
- Nadal is from Spain and is regarded as “The King of Clay”.
2. Lewis Hamilton wins Canadian GP.
- Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton has won the 2017 Canadian Grand Prix.
- It was his sixth victory in Canadian GP, his third this season and the 56th of his career.
- Mercedes driver Hamilton and Bottas secured first and second position respectively while Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo finished third.
- It was the Mercedes team’s first one-two finish of the year.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30