Daily Current Affairs 12 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Sanskar’ Assam to launch awareness programme against superstition
- The Assam government plans to introduce an awareness programme ‘Sanskar’ in all development blocks and panchayats in the wake of incidents triggered by superstition and ignorance
- A decision to this effect was taken at a high-level meeting chaired by Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal
2. Union Steel Minister dedicates to nation rebuilt Blast Furnace-1 of Rourkela Steel Plant
- The Union Minister of Steel, Chaudhary Birender Singh dedicated the rebuilt Blast Furnace-1 ‘Parvati’ of SAIL, Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) .
- Parvati is the first Blast Furnace of SAIL that was dedicated to the nation on 3rd February 1959 by the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
3. Government to start lateral hiring from private sector for joint secretaries in key ministries
- The Centre opened to the private sector the option to apply for joint secretary-level positions in the Government of India. These vacancies are usually filled the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
- Joint secretaries play a crucial role in senior managements in government departments. They lead policy-making decisions as well as the implementation of schemes of the department assigned to them.
4. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari Reviews the Progress of Ongoing National Highway Projects in the Country
- Nitin Gadkari is holding a two day review of the ongoing National Highways projects at Goa.
- The year 2018 has been declared as a ‘construction year’ by the Ministry. Out of over 700 projects being reviewed, about 300 projects will identified for completion before March 2019.
1. Trump and Kim sign agreement to completely denuclearise N Korea
- US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un have signed an agreement to completely denuclearise the east Asian nation in exchange for security guarantees from the US.
- The two leaders began the Singapore summit with a 40-minute one-on-one talk followed by bilateral discussions with their top aides.
2. Two Indian kids to be official ball carriers at FIFA World Cup
- Two Indian kids will be the official ball carriers at the upcoming FIFA World Cup 2018 in Russia.
- One of them will carry the ball in Belgium vs Panama on June 18, while the other will be performing the duty in the Brazil vs Costa Rica match on June 22.
3. Norman from MIT is the world’s first psychopath AI
- Norman, an artificial intelligence (AI) system created by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), only thinks about murder.
- The data-set which are subjected to Norman included “extended exposure to the darkest corners of Reddit,” with violent image captions and thus it explains the psychopathic tendencies of the AI.
4. SCO can bridge India-Pakistan distance: China
- China expects the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation to play a key role in resolving the differences between India and Pakistan, which joined the organisation last year.
- The statement is significant because PM Modi had indicated that Pak was a major stumbling block in the improvement of relations between India and China. Hence refrain from Joining One Belt One Road Initiative.
1. Goldman Sachs used AI to simulate 1 million possible World Cup outcomes
- After running 10 lakh simulations of the tournament, US bank Goldman Sachs has predicted that Brazil will lift the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- It used machine learning to run 2 lakh models, using data on individual players and team performance.
2. Avenue Supermarts touches Rs 1 lakh crore Market Capitalisation
- Avenue Supermarts, operator of DMart chain of outlets, surpassed a market capitalisation of Rs 1 lakh crore.
- The company’s current market capitalisation stands at Rs 100,440.16 crore.
3. Reserve Bank aims to tighten working capital loan norms
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has proposed a minimum 40% loan component for working capital funding of ₹150 crore and above to bring in greater credit discipline and improve monetary transmission.
- According to draft guidelines, the RBI has proposed that the loan component of 40% will come into effect from October 1 and will be increased to 60% from April 1, 2019.
4. Tata Power bags 150 MW solar project in Maharashtra
- Tata Power on Monday said it has bagged the contract for setting up a 150-MW solar project in the state from the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company (MSEDCL).
- The company’s subsidiary Tata Power Renewable Energy (TPREL) has bagged the contract and will sign a 25-year power purchase agreement.
1. Ronda Rousey to be the first female Hall of Famer in UFC
- American fighter Ronda Rousey will become the first female MMA fighter to be inducted into the Ultimate Fighting Championship Hall of Fame.
- Rousey had a 12-2 win-loss record, winning 11 of them within the first round of the fight.
2. Shami dropped from Indian Test team after failing Yo-Yo test
- Pacer Mohammad Shami has been dropped from the Indian squad for the Afghanistan Test after failing to clear the Yo-Yo fitness Test at National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru.
- Delhi Cricketer Navdeep Saini has been named as Shami’s replacement.
3. England 1st world no. 1 team to lose to an associate nation
- England on Sunday became the first team in cricket’s history to be a number one ranked side losing an ODI to an associate nation after their six-run loss against Scotland.
- Scotland’s 371 was the highest ODI total ever by an associate nation, while Jonny Bairstow became the only England batsman to hit a third consecutive ODI ton.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,12 June
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12