Daily Current Affairs 12 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Foreigners (Tribunals) Order, 1964
- Ministry Of Home Affairs has amended the Foreigners (Tribunals) Order, 1964 which empowers district magistrates.
- Now District Magistrates to set up tribunals to decide whether a person staying illegally is a foreigner or not.
- Earlier these powers were vested only with the Centre.
- Amit Anilchandra Shah is an Indian politician and the current Minister of Home Affairs who has been President of the Bharatiya Janata Party since 2014. He was elected to the lower House of Parliament the Lok Sabha in the 2019 Indian general election from Gandhinagar.
2. French National Railways with Indian Railways
- Indian Railway Station Development Corporation has signed a tripartite agreement with French National Railways and French Development Agency.
- A grant of up to 7 lakh euros from France to boost capacity building for railway station development program in India.
3. Chandrayaan 2
- ISRO has unveiled spacecraft for its 2nd moon-landing mission ‘Chandrayaan 2’.
- Launch Date: July 15 at 2.51 am
- Chandrayaan 2 will explore the southern part of the moon making India the first country to do so.
- It will carry 13 scientific satellites with it and weighs about 3.8 tons.
4. Chaukhandi Stupa
- Chaukhandi Stupa has been declared as ‘protected area of national importance’ by Archaeological Survey of India.
- Chaukhandi Stupa is a Buddhist stupa in Sarnath, located near to Cantt Railway Station Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India. Stupas have evolved from burial mounds and serve as a shrine for a relic of the Buddha.
- The Archaeological Survey of India is an Indian government agency attached to the Ministry of Culture that is responsible for archaeological research and the conservation and preservation of cultural monuments in the country.
- ASI was founded in 1861 by Alexander Cunningham who also became its first Director-General.
- Founder: Alexander Cunningham || Founded: 1861 || Headquarters: New Delhi || Parent organisation: Ministry of Culture, Government of India
1. Guadalajara International Book Fair
- India will be felicitated as the Guest of Honour Country at the 33rd Guadalajara International Book Fair, in Mexico.
- It will be organised in Nov-Dec 2019.
- Mexico :- President: Andrés Manuel López Obrador || Capital: Mexico City
2. International Day Against Child Labour
- The World Day Against Child Labour is an International Labour Organization-sanctioned holiday first launched in 2002 aiming to raise awareness and activism to prevent child labour.
- Date: Wednesday, 12 June, 2019
- Theme :- ‘Children shouldn’t work in fields, but on dreams!’.
3. Japan to invest Rs 13000 cr in Northeast India
- The Government of Japan has decided to invest an amount of 205.784 billion Yen in different states of India’s North- Eastern region.
- It was was disclosed after a meeting between Dr Jitendra Singh and a Japanese delegation led by Ambassador Mr Kenji Hiramatsu.
- Jitendra Singh is an Indian politician. Currently, he is the Minister of State for the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region.
1. Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail with Jaypore
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail has acquired Jaypore (‘Jaypore E-Commerce Pvt. Ltd).
- Aditya Birla Group is an Indian multinational conglomerate, headquartered in Worli, Mumbai, India. It operates in 35 countries with more than 120,000 employees worldwide. The group was founded by Seth Shiv Narayan Birla in 1857.
- Founder: Seth Shiv Narayan Birla || Founded: 1857 || Headquarters: Mumbai || CFO: Mr. Sushil Agarwal
2. New Commandant of Indian Naval Academy
- Vice Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi assumes charge as commandant Indian Naval Academy.
- The Indian Naval Academy is the initial officer training establishment of the Indian Navy and the Indian Coast Guard, located in Ezhimala, Kannur district, Kerala.
3. IIIT-Delhi with Indian Navy
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology-Delhi has signed an MoU with Indian Navy to train its officials in artificial intelligence.
- The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy. The Chief of Naval Staff, a four-star admiral, commands the navy.
1. World Rafting Championship
- India has participated for the first time in World Rafting Championship.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports’ team is participating from Indian side.
- World Rafting Championship is being hosted by Turkey and among 26 teams from 20 countries of the world is participating in the Championship.
2. 2019 ITTF world Tour Hong Kong Open
- The 2019 Hong Kong Open is a part of the 24th edition of ITTF was concluded.
- Men’s Singles :- Lin Gaoyuan (China)
- Women’s Singles :- Wang Yidi(China)