Daily Current Affairs 12 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Rohtang pass to get mobile connectivity
- The mobile connectivity will be provided at a height of 13,000 ft.
- Mobile towers will be set in 2 weeks in the toughest terrains.
2. Polls in Karnataka
- The voting for 222 out of 224 constituencies will take place.
- RR Nagar seat polls were deferred after 10,000 fake IDs were seized in the area.
3. Telangana govt launches Rythu Bandhu scheme
- It is the 1st investment support scheme for farmers by any state.
- Farmers will directly get financial training support twice every year.
4. India’s clean energy capacity spikes
- The capacity has touched 70 GW by March 31, 2018.
- 100 bn units of electricity was generated last fiscal through renewables.
1. Iraq holds parliamentary election
- This is the 1st election since defeating ISIS.
- The polls are held amid fears of destabilising power struggle in Iraq.
2. Russia to not give missiles to Syria
- This comes after Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu requested Putin not to do so.
- Israel launched air strikes on Iran in Syria.
3. SpaceX launches most powerful rocket
- Falcon 9 is certified to carry humans to space this year.
- Its mission is to propel the 1st high-orbit communications satellite called Bangabandhu.
1. Prof. Muhammad Yunus conferred with Humanitarian award
- Yunus is conferred with 11th KISS Humanitarian award 2018.
- He is the founder of Grameen bank and is known as the Father of Microfinance.
2. Alibaba buys Daraz
- Daraz is a Pakistani online retailer.
- It is purchased from Rocket Internet, a Berlin-based incubator of online startups.
3. New limits for public sector banks
- Frauds ranging Rs.3cr to Rs.25cr should be reported to CBI’s Anti-Corruption Branch.
- Rs.25 cr to Rs.50 cr frauds should be given to CBI’s Banking Security and Fraud cell.
1. Sathiyan signs with German TT club
- Indian TT player and Commonwealth Games medalist G Sathiyansigned with German Bundesliga’s club ASV Grunwettersbach Tischtennis.
- Sharath Kamal is the 1st Indian TT player in the German league.
2. Indian team out of Australian Open badminton
- Manu Attri and Sumeeth Reddy lost in the semi-final in men’s doubles.
- Sameer Verma and Sai Praneeth lost in quarters in men’s singles.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,12 May
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15