Daily Current Affairs 12 November 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 November 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 November 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 November 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Not bothered with others’ stand on Arunachal : Defence Minister
- Defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman asserted that Arunachal Pradesh is an integral part of India.
- This comes after China objected to her recent visit to the state and claimed that it was not conducive to peace in the disputed region.
2. Varanasi tops list of India’s most polluted cities
- With Air Quality Index of 491 on the 500-point scale, Varanasi has become the most polluted Indian city.
- Gurugram was the 2nd most polluted with an AQI of 480.
3. Ram Rajya will be established in India by 2022 : CM Yogi
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath said the new India will be free of poverty, corruption, communalism and casteism.
- He added “We are working to ensure that the Ram temple foundation is laid in Ayodhya”.
1. Pakistan suspends licenses for automatic weapons
- Pakistan’s Interior Ministry has suspended the licenses for all prohibited bore weapons.
- The owners of automatic weapons will be able to get their weapons replaced with semi-automatic firearms or get 50,000 Pakistani rupees.
2. Mass graves of 400 IS victims found in Iraq
- The graves were discovered at a military base near Iraq’s town of Hawija.
- Iraqi forces had captured Hawija, Islamic State’s last stronghold in northern Iraq in October this year.
3. Pakistan is epicentre of terrorism : Former British PM Brown
- He called Pakistan weak in its action against terror groups in the wake of increased attacks of ISIS and Haqqani Network in Afghanistan.
- This comes after the US accused Pakistan of providing “safe havens” to terrorists.
1. Air India gets Rs.1,500 cr loan
- It has received the loan from Bank of India to meet urgent working capital needs.
- Prior to this, the airline had reportedly borrowed around Rs.3250 cr as short-tenure loans from IndusInd and Punjab National Bank.
2. RBI not to pursue Islamic banking in India
- The RBI said it has decided not to pursue a proposal for introducing Islamic banking in India.
- Islamic banking is based on the principles of not charging interest, which is prohibited under Islam.
3. RCom posts Rs.2,700 cr loss in September quarter
- This is the company’s fourth straight quarter of loss.
- The revenue of the company which is reeling under Rs.45,000 cr debt also fell 48% to Rs.2,667 crore.
1. Judoka wins record 10th world title
- French judoka Teddy Riner won the title in World Open Championships in Morocco.
- He has lost only 8 matches in his elite championship career and has won two Olympic golds.
2. Olympian Dipa Karmakar receives honorary degree from NIT
- Arjuna –awardee gymnast Dipa Karmakar was honoured with a D.Litt degree from NIT,Agartala.
- She is the first Indian woman gymnast to qualify for Olympics before narrowly missing out on the bronze medal in the women’s vault event at the Rio Olympics in 2016.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15