Daily Current Affairs 12 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Anant Kumar passes away
- Union Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Ananth Kumar has passed away at 59 in Bengaluru.
- Ananth Kumar was an Indian politician of the Bharatiya Janata Party. Since 1996 he had represented the Bengaluru South constituency in the Lok Sabha.
2. Indian Armed Forces Memorial
- VP M Venkaiah Naidu has inaugurated the Indian Armed Forces Memorial in France to pay tribute to thousands of Indian soldiers who fought selflessly and made supreme sacrifices during the World War I
- The memorial is the first-of-its-kind built by India in France after the country’s Independence. The announcement to construct the memorial was made by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj during her last visit to Paris in June 2018.
3. Kolkata International Film Festival
- 24th Kolkata International Film Festival (KIFF) has begun at Netaji Indoor Stadium, Kolkata.
- It was inaugurated by Actor Amitabh Bachchan with West Bengal CM Mamta Banerjee.
4. Global education award 2018
- Super 30 founder Anand Kumar was honoured with Global education award 2018 in Dubai.
- Super 30 is a prestigious Indian educational program started in Patna, India under the banner of Ramanujan School of Mathematics. It was co-founded by Abhayanand, a 1977 batch IPS officer and, Anand Kumar, a maths teacher in the year 2002.
1. 2018 London Press Freedom award
- Swati Chaturvedi has won the 2018 London Press Freedom Award.
- She has taken courage by exposing the ‘IT cell’ within the Bharatiya Janata Party for keeping an army of angry trolls.
2. 2nd RCEP Leaders Summit
- Suresh Prabhu led the delegation for the meeting for trade Ministers of RCEP member countries in Singapore which will be followed by the 2nd RCEP Leaders Summit on 14th November, 2018, in Singapore.
- Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership is a proposed free trade agreement between the ten member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and the six Asia-Pacific states with which ASEAN has existing free trade agreements.
- The RCEP members include 10 ASEAN members – Brunei Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines, Laos and Vietnam and their 6 free trade agreement partners – India, China, Japan, South Korea, Australia and New Zealand.
3. A report from International Society of Women Airline Pilots
- Acc. to International Society of Women Airline Pilots, India has the highest percentage of Female Airline Pilots in the world.
- India employs 12.4% of total are women while globally, women pilots account for 5.4%
4. China and Myanmar to build a port
- Both have signed an MOU to build a port in Kyaukpyu town, Myanmar along the Bay of Bengal.
- The Bay of Bengal is the north-eastern part of the Indian Ocean, bounded on the west and northwest by India on the north by Bangladesh, and on the east by Myanmar and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands of. Its southern limit is a line between Sri Lanka and the north westernmost point of Sumatra.
1. New CEO Virgin Hyperloop One
- Jay Walder has been appointed as the CEO of Virgin Hyperloop One.
- Virgin Hyperloop One formerly known as Hyperloop One, is an American transportation technology company that was formed in 2014, and reorganized and renamed in 2017, working to commercialize the high-speed technology concept called Hyperloop.
2. American Express in China
- American Express company has become 1st foreign payments company allowed to build a network in China.
- It won approval to clear card payments in China.
3. Chevalier de la Lgion d’Honneur
- Jawahar Lal Sarin was honoured with France’s highest civilian honour Chevalier de la Lgion d’Honneur.
- The award is for recognition of his contribution to enhancing Indo-French cultural cooperation and promoting French language.
- Jawahar Lal Sarin is a renowned French scholar.
4. New Chairperson of Competition Commission of India
- Ashok Kumar Gupta has been appointed as Chairperson of Competition Commission of India.
- Competition Commission of India is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 throughout India and to prevent activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. It was established on 14 October 2003.
1. Captain of United States national cricket team
- Saurabh Netravalkar has been named captain of United States national cricket team.
- He was a former Mumbai medium pacer and India U-19 cricketer.
2. 66th Nehru Trophy Boat Race
- 66th Nehru Trophy Boat Race was held on the Punnamada Lake, near Alappuzha, Kerala.
- Nehru Trophy Boat Race is also known as Vallam Kali.
- Payippadan Chundan of Pallathuruthi Boat Club has won the race.
3. TATA Steel India 2018 Rapid Tournament Chess
- Tata Steel India 2018 rapid tournament was concluded in Kolkata.
- Viswanathan Anand drew his sixth straight game of the tournament.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12