Daily Current Affairs 12 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Maharashtra uses paper trail machines in polls
- The State Election Commission used Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail machines for the first time during municipal elections in Nanded.
- The machines, which are connected to the EVMs leave paper trails of votes cast allowing voters to verify if their votes have gone to intended candidates.
2. Mumbai civic body demolishes 60 illegal stalls
- The Mumbai civic body cleared encroachments by demolishing about 60 unauthorised stalls and extensions.
- The officials said that it would allow movement of auto-rickshaws that connects Andheri railway station to JP Road.
3. Hire IIT grads as cybercrime investigators : NITI Aayog
- NITI Aayog report suggested that graduates from IITs or those who have MCA degrees should be recruited as cybercrime investigators.
- It proposed that graduates can be hired as sub-inspectors or inspectors in state crime investigation departments.
4. 69 children die in 4 days at Gorakhpur BRD hospital
- 13 newborns and six children suffering from Encephalitis died in the hospital.
- 310 patients out of the 1,470 patients admitted to the hospital since January have died.
1. Rohingyas have no legal claim on our soil: Myanmar Army
- Myanmar’s Army Chief Min Hlaing has said, Rohingya Muslims were moved into Myanmar from Bangladesh by British colonialists and they have no legitimate claim on Myanmar soil.
- The official said that the media has exaggerated the number of Rohingya refugees.
2.Secret files on Australian jets, ships stolen by hackers
- Secret information about new Australian fighter jets, navy vessels and surveillance aircraft was stolen last year by hackers in an extensive and extreme security breach.
- The officials said that the information was commercially sensitive rather than classified military data.
3.Police pulled from Philippine war on drugs
- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has ordered the national police to end all operations in his war on drugs after a 15-month crackdown which killed over 3,900 drug personalities.
- This is the second time Duterte has suspended anti-drug police operations.
1. Xiaomi partners with Big Bazaar to sell phones at the supermarket
- Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi has partnered with the supermarket chain Big Bazaar to sell smartphones offline during the festive period.
- This is the first time Xiaomi phones are being sold at a nationwide supermarket.
2. Qualcomm faces antitrust fine in Taiwan
- The Taiwan Fair Trade Commission has imposed a fine of $774 million on US-based mobile technology major Qualcomm stating anti-trust violations of its chip technology.
- The Commission said Qualcomm violates laws by refusing to properly license its technology to others.
1.Nehra confirms retirement
- Indian pacer Ashish Nehra has confirmed his retirement with the first T20I against New Zealand in Delhi on November 1.
- Nehra has represented India for 18 years.
2.India qualify for Asian Cup
- The Indian football team defeated Macau 4-1 in the 2019 AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers ,booking their place in the Cup for the 4th time.
- India had previously featured in the 1964,1984 and 2011 editions of the tournament.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15