Daily Current Affairs 12 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Solicitor General of India
- Tushar Mehta has been appointed as Solicitor General Of India.
- The Solicitor General of India is below the Attorney General for India, who is the Indian government’s chief legal advisor, and its primary lawyer in the Supreme Court of India. The Solicitor General of India is appointed for the period of 3 years.
2. 17th edition of Old World Theatre festival
- The 17th edition of Old World Theatre festival will be organised by India Habitat Centre from October 20 in New Delhi.
- The theatre festival will open with ‘Kutiyattam’.
- Koodiyattam, also transliterated as Kutiyattam, is a traditional performing artform in the state of Kerala, India. It is a combination of ancient Sanskrit theatre with elements of Koothu and has been recognised by UNESCO as a “Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity”.
3. India’s third Chief Statistician
- Pravin Srivastava has been appointed as India’s third Chief Statistician(Additional Director General, Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, as Chief Statistician of India, and Secretary of the Statistics Ministry).
- This appointment has been done by The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet
4. India’s 1st Miss Trans Queen
- Veena Sendre (Chhattisgarh) has been names as India’s first ‘Miss Trans Queen’.
- The event was organised at the national-level beauty contest in Mumbai.
1. Global Hunger Index
- Global Hunger Index 2018 report has been released by ‘Welthungerhilfe and Concern Worldwide’.
- India has been ranked at 103 out of 119 countries.
2. Oxfam world inequality index
- India has been ranked 147th among 157 countries in the report.
- The report is UK-based charity Oxfam International’s ‘Commitment to Reducing Inequality (CRI) Index’.
3. Deming Prize 2018
- Indus tower has won the Deming Prize for 2018 and has become the first Indian company in the service sector.
- Indus Towers is an independently managed company offering passive infrastructure services to all telecom operators and other wireless services providers such as broadband service providers.
4. Human Capital Index
- World Bank has released a Human Capital Index (HCI) under the World Development Report 2019.
- India has ranked at 115 among 157 countries.
- Theme of the World Development Report (WDR) this year is “The Changing Nature of Work”.
1. New PHDCCI’s SG
- Mahesh Y Reddy has been appointed as Secretary General of PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI).
- PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, established in 1905,New Delhi, is a proactive and dynamic multi-State apex organisation working at the grass-root level and with strong national and international linkages.
2. MobiKwik ‘s new Acquisition
- MobiKwik has acquired Clearfunds – A wealth management start-up.
- Clearfunds is an online mutual fund investment platform based out of Mumbai. || Founder and CEO Kunal Bajaj.
3. Arundhati Bhattacharya to join ChrysCapital
- ChrysCapital Advisors LLP has appointed Arundhati Bhattacharya as an advisor.
- Arundhati Bhattacharya is a retired Indian banker and former Chairman of the State Bank of India. She is the first woman to be the Chairman of State Bank of India. In 2016, she was listed as the 25th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
4. New MD and CEO Of IDBI Bank
- Rakesh Sharma has been appointed as MD and CEO of IDBI Bank.
- IDBI Bank was established in 1964 by an Act of Parliament to provide credit and other financial facilities for the development of the fledgling Indian industry. It is owned by the Government of India. || Headquarter: – Mumbai.
1. Asian Para-Games 2018
- India has won gold, silver, bronze in Asian Para men’s high jump.
- Sharad Kumar won Gold medal and Varun Bhati and Thangavelu Mariyappan won silver and bronze.
2. ICC Women’s T20I team rankings
- 1. Australia
- 2. New Zealand
- 3. England
- 4. West Indies
- 5. India
2. Anil Kumble’s startup
- Anil Kumble’s startup ‘Spektacom’ has launched ‘Power Bat’.
- Power Bat is powered by Microsoft’s AI and Internet of Things (IoT) services.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12