Daily Current Affairs 12 September 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12 September 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12 September 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12 September 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay SanraksHan Abhiyan (PM-AASHA)
- Cabinet has approved the New Umbrella Scheme ‘Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay SanraksHan Abhiyan’ (PM-AASHA).
- This scheme will provide MSP assurance to farmers A reflection of Government’s commitment to the ‘Annadata’.
2. Capacity Development Scheme for the period 2017-18 to 2019-20
- Cabinet has approved continuation of the Capacity Development Scheme for the period 2017-18 to 2019-20 with an outlay of Rs 2,250 crore.
- This scheme comes under Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- The objective of the scheme is to augment infrastructural for making available credible and timely Official Statistics for policy makers and public at large.
3. Air-to-Air Fuel Transfer Capacity
- India has successfully conducted the mid-air refuelling of aircraft Tejas.
- Birender Singh Dhanoa is the present Chief of Air Staff of Indian Air Force.
4. Rail Sahyog – www.railsahyog.in
- Piyush Goyal has launched a web portal ‘Rail Sahyog’.
- The portal will provide a platform for the Corporates and PSUs to create of amenities through CSR funds.
1. India with Bangladesh
- 3 Projects are Inaugurated between these two countries.
- Akhaura – Agartala Rail Link
- Rehabilitation of the Kulaura-Shahbazpur section of Bangladesh Railways
- 500 MW power supply from India to Bangladesh(additional)
2. New Chief Justice Of Nepal
- Om Prakash Mishra will be the new Chief Justice of Nepal.
- Capital: Kathmandu || Currency: Nepalese rupee || Prime minister: Khadga Prasad Oli || President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
3. Exercise Vostok-2018
- Exercise Vostok-2018 has begun in Russia(eastern Siberia).
- Vostok 2018 is a large-scale Russian military exercise throughout Siberia and the country’s Far East. The exercise will involve units from the Army, Air Force and Navy. China, Mongolia, as well as NATO member Turkey have been invited to the exercise.
4. Exercise MILEX-18
- Exercise MILEX-18 is the exercise of BIMSTEC Group has started at Aundh in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Theme:- Counter-terrorism in semi-urban terrain.
1. India Post Payments Bank with Financial Software and Systems
- Both have signed a MOU to create a payments acceptance network for unorganized retail including small merchants and Kirana stores.
- India Post Payments Bank is a GOI owned payments bank operating under the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communication, which aims to utilize all of India’s 155,015 post offices as access points and 300,000 postal service workers to provide house to house banking services.
2. OpenSignal 4G availability list
- Kolkata has topped the list with 90% 4G Coverage among 22 Telecom Circle.
- 1. Kolkata
- 2. Punjab
- 3. Bihar
- 4. Madhya Pradesh
- 5. Madhya Pradesh
3. Google Pay User Data Location
- Acc. to Google Inc, Google Pay (Google Tez) App will have the Data Location in India.
- It was mandated by the Reserve Bank of India
4. Uber’s New CMO
- Uber has appointed Rebecca Messina as the first-ever Chief Marketing Officer.
- She was former Coca-Cola executive.
1. Hyderabad Open 2018
- Sameer Verma won the Men’s Singles title.
- Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty won the Men’s doubles title.
2. India England Cricket Series
- England won the five-match series 1-4.
- Player Of The Series :- Sam Curran || Virat Kohli
3. 300 wickets taker in Women Cricket
- Jhulan Goswami has became the first bowler to pick 300 international wickets.
- She is an all round cricketer and former captain of India national women’s cricket team. In August 2018, she announced her retirement from WT20Is.
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12