Daily Current Affairs 12th April 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 12th April 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 12th April 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 12th April 2023 Current affairs test.
1. PM Modi Launches Rajasthan’s First Vande Bharat Express
- On April 12, 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Rajasthan’s inaugural Vande Bharat Express train service.
- This train is recognized as the world’s first semi-high-speed passenger train operating on high-rise overhead electric (OHE) lines.
- The inaugural journey commenced between Jaipur and Delhi Cantt railway stations.
- The train’s regular route will run between Ajmer and Delhi Cantt, making stops at Jaipur, Alwar, and Gurgaon.
- It will significantly reduce travel time, completing the Ajmer-Delhi Cantt journey in just 5 hours and 15 minutes.
Summits & Conferences
2. International Conference on Defence Finance and Economics
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated a three-day International Conference on Defence Finance and Economics in New Delhi on April 12, 2023.
- This conference provides a platform for policymakers, academics, and government officials to exchange insights and experiences related to Defence Finance and Economics, particularly in the context of evolving security challenges.
- Delegates from various countries, including the USA, UK, Japan, Australia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Kenya, are participating in this conference.
3. Saudi Arabia to Host FEI World Cup Finals 2024
- Saudi Arabia received the flag for hosting the FEI World Cup Finals in Riyadh in April 2024.
- This event, held for the first time in the Middle East, features top show-jumping horses and riders from around the world.
- The handover of the flag took place during the FEI World Cup Finals 2023 held in Omaha, Nebraska, USA.
Banking & Finance
4. RBI Introduces Green Deposit Framework
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced a framework for the acceptance of Green Deposits by regulated entities (RE).
- The objective is to foster and develop a green finance ecosystem within the country.
- This framework will become effective from June 1, 2023, and is applicable to Scheduled Commercial Banks, excluding RRBs, Local Area Banks, and Payments Banks.
- It also encompasses all deposit-taking Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs), including Housing Finance Companies.
5. Former Mahindra Group Chairman, Keshub Mahindra Passes Away
- Keshub Mahindra, the former chairman of the Mahindra & Mahindra Group, passed away at the age of 99 in Mumbai.
- He served as the chairman of the conglomerate from 1963 to 2012 and played a pivotal role in its growth.
- Keshub Mahindra received recognition from the French Government when he was awarded the Chevalier de l’Ordre National de la Legion d’honneur in 1987.
- In 2023, he re-entered the Forbes list of India’s Richest Billionaires with a net worth of $1.2 billion.
Science & Technology
6. South Korea to Launch Commercial-Grade Satellite
- South Korea is set to launch its first commercial-grade satellite using a domestically developed rocket as part of its space development program.
- The launch is scheduled to take place in May 2023 from the country’s space launch center located on a southern island.
- The satellite payload includes the ‘Next Generation Small Satellite 2’ as the main satellite and seven smaller cube-shaped satellites.
- The primary satellite will be dedicated to verifying imaging radar technology and conducting observations of cosmic radiation in near-Earth orbit.