Daily Current Affairs 13th April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13th April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13th April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13th April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Web-portal YUKTI
- HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal “Nishank” has launched a web-portal YUKTI (Young India Combating COVID with Knowledge, Technology and Innovation).
- The portal will cover various initiatives and efforts of the institutions in academics, research especially related to COVID-19, social initiatives by institutions and the measures taken for the betterment of the well-being of the students.
2. National Conference on Kharif Crops-2020
- The National Conference on Kharif Crops-2020 is to be conducted through video conference on April 16, 2020.
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare has launched this initiative to promote farming during lock down.
3. Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Kendras
- According to Government of India, more than 6300 Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Kendras in the country working to ensure affordable medicines.
- Mobile application called “Jan AushadhiSugam” was launched for the same.
- The Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi were set up to provide generic drugs. It was launched in 2014.
1. The biggest Oil Cut
- The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and Russia have come together to cut oil output by 10%.
- The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries is an intergovernmental organization of 13 nations, founded on 14 September 1960 in Baghdad by the first five members, and headquartered since 1965 in Vienna, Austria.
- Headquarters: Vienna, Austria || Secretary general: Mohammed Barkindo
1. External Advisory Group by IMF
- International Monetary Fund has appointed former RBI Governor RaghuramRajan and 11 others to its external advisory group to provide perspectives on policy issues, including financial help aimed at curbing the COVID-19 pandemic.
- IMF: Headquarters – Washington DC || Managing Director – Kristalina Georgieva
Science and Technology News
1. Double Layered Khadi Masks
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has developed a double-layered Khadi mask to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission is a statutory body formed in April 1957 by the Government of India, under the Act of Parliament, ‘Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act of 1956’.
- Purpose: To plan, promote, facilitate, organise and assist in the establishment and development of khadi and village industries
- Headquarters: Mumbai || Agency executive: Vinai Kumar Saxena (Chairperson)
1. New MD and CEO of Karnataka Bank
- Karnataka Bank has re-appointed Mahabaleshwara MS as MD and CEO for next three years.
- Karnataka Bank: Headquarters- Mangalore || Tagline- Your Family Bank Across India
1. Cosmonautics Day
- Cosmonautics Day is an anniversary celebrated in Russia and some other former USSR countries on 12 April.
- Date: Sunday, 12 April, 2020 || Significance: A celebration to commemorate the first manned Earth orbit
2. JallianwalaBagh massacre Day
- 13 April 2020 marked the 101st anniversary of the JallianwalaBagh Massacre.
- The JallianwalaBagh massacre, also known as the Amritsar massacre, took place on 13 April 1919, when Acting Brigadier-General Reginald Dyer ordered troops of the British Indian Army to fire their rifles into a crowd of unarmed Indian civilians in JallianwalaBagh, Amritsar, Punjab.
- Date: 13 April 1919 || Deaths: 379-1,000 || Location: JallianwalaBagh, Amritsar Cantt. || No. of participants: 50 || Attack type: Massacre || Weapons: Lee-Enfield rifles