Daily Current Affairs 13 August 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 August 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 August 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 August 2019 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Uber For Tractors’ App
- Government of India will launch ‘Uber For Tractors’ which is a farm equipment rental app to aid farmers in accessing cutting- edge technology at affordable prices.
- Union Agriculture Minister: Narendra Singh Tomar.
2. First Woman President of INSA
- Chandrima Shaha will become the first woman president of Indian National Science Academy from January 1, 2020.
- She will succeed Ajay K. Sood.
- The Indian National Science Academy in New Delhi is the apex body of Indian scientists representing all branches of science and technology.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
3. Book ‘Listening, Learning and Leading’
- Book ‘Listening, Learning and Leading’ was launched by Home Minister Amit Shah.
- The Book marks Venkaiah Naidu’s two years of service as Vice President of India.
4. Mission Reach Out
- Indian Army has launched a ‘Mission Reach Out’ post revocation of Article 370 in Jammu to ensure basic necessities and essential services are available.
- The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Army, and it is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff, who is a four-star general.
- Motto: Service Before Self || Founded: 1 April 1895, India || Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chief of the Army Staff (COAS): General Bipin Rawat.
1. Shah Rukh Khan at La Trobe University of Melbourne
- Shah Rukh Khan has been conferred with an honorary degree, Doctor of Letters by La Trobe University of Melbourne, Australia.
- It was during his visit to University as the chief guest of the 10th edition Indian Film Festival of Melbourne 2019.
2. Kajin Sara lake
- Kajin Sara lake in Nepal is likely to set a new record of being the world’s highest lake replacing Tilicho Lake of Nepal.
- Tilicho Lake is a lake located in the Manang district of Nepal, 55 kilometres as the crow flies from the city of Pokhara.
- Nepal: Capital: Kathmandu || Currency: Nepalese rupee || President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari || Prime Minister :Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli
3. New President of Guatemala
- Alejandro Giammattei has been elected as the new president of Guatemala
- Capital- Guatemala city || Currency- Guatemalan quetzal.
1. Reliance Jio with Microsoft
- Reliance Jio and Microsoft Corporation have announced a 10-year long-term strategic partnership for digital transformation of Indian economy and society.
- Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited is an Indian mobile network operator wholly owned by Reliance Industries and headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, it operates a national LTE network with coverage across all 22 telecom circles.
- Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services.
2. New CFO of Yes Bank
- Anurag Adlakha has been appointed as YES bank CFO replacing Raj Ahuja.
- Yes Bank Limited is India’s fourth largest private sector bank, founded by Rana Kapoor and Ashok Kapur in 2004.
- YES bank:- Managing Director and CEO-Ravneet Gill || Part-time Chairman- Brahm Dutt || Founder-Rana Kapoor and Ashok Kapoor.
3. Monetary threshold limit for IT department for filing appeals
- CBDT has increased the monetary threshold limit for IT department for filing appeals to Rs 50 lakh from Rs 20 lakh.
- This is done to reduce litigation.
- The Chairperson, Central Board of Direct Taxes is the senior-most IRS civil servant in the Government of India. The Chairperson of CBDT is the ex officio Special Secretary to the Government of India and also cadre controlling authority of the Indian Revenue Service.
4. OYO with ACKO General Insurance
- OYO Hotels has partnered with ACKO General Insurance to launch complimentary insurance cover up to Rs.10 lakh for guests.
- OYO: Founded: 2013 || Headquarters: Gurgaon, Haryana || CEO: Aditya Ghosh || Founder: Ritesh Agarwal
- ACKO General Insurance: Founded: 2016 || Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra || CEO and founder: Varun Dua
1. 2019 Rogers Cup/Canadian Open
- The Canadian Open is an annual tennis tournament held in Canada. The third-oldest tournament in all of tennis, the Canadian Open’s men’s competition is a Masters 1000 event on the Association of Tennis Professionals tour.
- Men’s Singles: Rafael Nadal (Spain)
- Women’s Singles: Bianca Vanessa Andreescu (Canada)
2. Hyderabad Open (Badminton) 2019
- The 2019 Hyderabad Open, officially IDBI Federal Life Insurance Hyderabad Open 2019 was a badminton tournament which took place at GMC Balayogi SATS Indoor Stadium in Hyderabad.
- Men’s Singles: Winner: Sourabh Verma (India) || Runner-up: Loh Kean Yew (Singapore).
- Women’s Singles: Yeo Jia Min (Singapore)
- Men’s Doubles: Muhammad Shohibul Fikri & Bagas Maulana (Indonesia)
- Women’s Doubles: Baek Ha-na& Jung Kyung-eun (South Korea)
- Mixed Doubles: Cheah Yee See &Hoo Pang Ron (Malaysia)
3. New Sports in CWG 2022 in Birmingham, England
- Newly added women’s sport
- Women’s T20 (twenty-twenty) cricket
- Beach volleyball
- Para-table tennis
- Commonwealth Games Federation: Headquarters- London, England || Formed- 1932 || Motto- Humanity-Equality-Destiny || President- Dame Louise Martin || Patron- Queen Elizabeth II
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,13 August
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30
- Daily Current Affairs: August 31