Daily Current Affairs 13 December 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 December 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 December 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 December 2019 Current affairs test.
1. ISRO’s third rocket launchpad
- ISRO has begun preparatory works for setting up a third rocket launchpad at Kulashekhrapattinam in the Thuthukudi district of Tamil Nadu.
- At present, ISRO has two launch pads at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
2. Head of Group of Ministers (GoM) on the Integrated Goods and Services Tax
- Deputy chief minister of Bihar Sushil Modi has replaced Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman as the head of the Group of Ministers (GoM) on the Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST).
- Sushil Kumar Modi is an Indian politician from the Bharatiya Janata Party who is serving as Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar since 27 July 2017. Previously he was deputy chief Minister and Finance Minister of Bihar from 2005 to 2013. He is a lifelong member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh.
3. e-yAna Taxi Service
- e-yAna Taxi Service was introduced in Hyderabad to reduce carbon footprints.
- Capital: Hyderabad || Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan || Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
4. National Tribal Dance Festival
- National Tribal Dance Festival will be held in Raipur, Chhattisgarh from December 27 to 29.
- Chhattisgarh: Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel || Governor: Anusuiya Uikey.
1. New Country ‘Bougainville’
- The South Pacific region of Bougainville has become the world’s newest nation by gaining independence from Papua New Guinea.
- Bougainville, officially the Autonomous Region of Bougainville, is an autonomous region of Papua New Guinea. The largest island is Bougainville Island, while the region also includes Buka Island and a number of outlying islands and atolls.
- Papua New Guinea, in the south-western Pacific, encompasses the eastern half of New Guinea and its offshore islands.
- Capital: Port Moresby || Currency: Papua New Guinean kina || Continent: Oceania
2. BioAsia 2020
- The 17th edition of BioAsia 2020 Event is scheduled to be held in Telangana in february 2020.
- Theme: ‘Today For Tomorrow’.
- Switzerland will be the partner country for BioAsia 2020.
3. World Habitat Awards
- Odisha government has won the ‘World Habitat Award’ for its ambitious initiative — Jaga Mission.
- The World Habitat Awards were established in 1985 by the Building and Social Housing Foundation as part of its contribution to the United Nations’ International Year of Shelter for the Homeless in 1987.
- “JAGA” aims at transforming the slums into liveable habitat with all necessary civic infrastructure and services at par with the better off areas within the same urban local body (ULB) and to continuously improve the standard of the infrastructure and services and access to livelihood opportunities.
- This Mission also aims at leveraging and converging various schemes/ programs/ funding opportunities by strengthening collaboration among various Departments/ Urban Bodies/ Non-Government Organisations/ Financial Institutions/ International Agencies/ Trusts/ Communities and other Stakeholders. It will also provide advisory support to Government of Odisha to examine options for policy reforms required for the sustainable transformation of lives of urban poor.
4. United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement
- The representatives from the United States, Mexico and Canada inked a revamped version of ‘North American Free Trade Agreement’.
- The name of the revamped version is ‘United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA)’.
- The North American Free Trade Agreement is an agreement signed by Canada, Mexico, and the United States, creating a trilateral trade bloc in North America. The agreement came into force on January 1, 1994, and superseded the 1988 Canada–United States Free Trade Agreement between the United States and Canada.
- Establishment: January 1, 1994; 25 years ago || GDP (PPP): 2018 estimate
1. Nomura’s New Acquisition
- Nomura announced the proposed acquisition of Greentech Capital Advisors.
- Nomura Holdings, Inc. is a Japanese financial holding company and a principal member of the Nomura Group.
- CEO: Koji Nagai || Headquarters: Tokyo || Founder: Tokushichi Nomura II
2. PUMA’s New Brand Ambassador
- Indian men’s football team captain Sunil Chhetri has signed a deal as brand ambassador with PUMA.
- List of global football players as brand ambassador of PUMA France’s Antoine Griezmann, Belgium’s RomeluLukaku, Uruguay’s Luis Suarez and Argentina’s Sergio Aguero.
- Puma, is a German multinational company that designs and manufactures athletic and casual footwear, apparel and accessories, which is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Bavaria, Germany. Puma is the third largest sportswear manufacturer in the world. The company was founded in 1948 by Rudolf Dassler.
3. Dell Technologies with UNESCO
- Dell Technologies announced a partnership with UNESCO MGIEP (Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace) to boost quality of education.
- Aim: To enable school teachers adopt technology in classrooms by using ICT tools.
4. Pepsi India Brand Ambassador
- Pepsi India has announced Salman Khan as the brand ambassador of Pepsi.
- PepsiCo, Inc. is an American multinational food, snack, and beverage corporation headquartered in Harrison, New York, in the hamlet of Purchase. PepsiCo has interests in the manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of grain-based snack foods, beverages, and other products.
- CEO: Ramon Laguarta || Headquarters: Purchase, Harrison, New York, United States
1. FICCI India Sports Award 2019
- Best State Promoting Sports: Odisha
- Best National Sports Federation: National Rifle Association of India
- Sports Person (Female): Rani Rampal (Hockey)
- Sports Person (Male): Saurabh Chaudhary (shooting)
- Best Sports Journalist: Kamesh Srinivasan
- Lifetime Achievement: Pankaj Advani (cue sport)
- Lifetime Achievement (administrator): Govindaraj Kempareddy
- Coach or Support Staff: Satyanarayana
- Special Recognition Breakthrough Sports Person: Esow Alben (cycling)
- Special Recognition Para-Athlete: Manasi Joshi (badminton)
- Breakthrough Sports Person: Amit Panghal
- Para-Athlete: Sandeep Chaudhary (javelin)
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15
- Daily Current Affairs: December 16
- Daily Current Affairs: December 17
- Daily Current Affairs: December 18
- Daily Current Affairs: December 19
- Daily Current Affairs: December 20
- Daily Current Affairs: December 21
- Daily Current Affairs: December 22
- Daily Current Affairs: December 23
- Daily Current Affairs: December 24
- Daily Current Affairs: December 25
- Daily Current Affairs: December 26
- Daily Current Affairs: December 27
- Daily Current Affairs: December 28
- Daily Current Affairs: December 29
- Daily Current Affairs: December 30
- Daily Current Affairs: December 31