Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. National Maritime Heritage Museum
- India with Portugal to set up a National Maritime Heritage Museum at Lothal in Gujarat.
- Capital: Lisbon || Currency: Euro
2. Clean Drinking water to all by 2024
- According to the Minister of Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Clean Drinking Water will be provided to all citizens by 2024.
- Scheme ‘Nal se Jal’ was launched by the Jal Shakti Ministry.
- The Ministry of Water Resources is the apex body for formulation and administration of rules and regulations relating to the development and regulation of the water resources in India.
3. National People’s Party (NPP)
- Election Commission of India has granted the ‘National Party’ status to National People’s Party.
- The National People’s Party is a national-level political party in India, though its influence is mostly concentrated in the state of Meghalaya.
- The party was founded by P A Sangma after his expulsion from the NCP in July 2012.
- The Election Commission of India is an autonomous constitutional authority responsible for administering election processes in India.
4. ‘Mela Kheer Bhawani’ Festival
- The annual ‘Mela Kheer Bhawani’ has started in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Kheer Bhawani/Ksheer Bhawani is a temple dedicated to the Goddess Kheer Bhavani constructed over a sacred spring.
- The worship of Kheer Bhawani is universal among the Hindus of Kashmir mainly Kashmiri Pandit.
5. Interim Central Vigilance Commissioner
- Sharad Kumar was named as interim Central Vigilance Commissioner.
- Central Vigilance Commission is an apex Indian governmental body created in 1964 to address governmental corruption. In 2003, the Parliament enacted a law conferring statutory status on the CVC.
- Formed: February 1964 || Objectives: To address governmental corruption || Jurisdiction: Government of India || Headquarters: New Delhi
1. SCO Summit 2019
- The SCO summit 2019 will be held on June 14 in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic.
- SCO is a Eurasian political, economic, and security alliance, the creation of which was announced on 15 June 2001 in Shanghai, China by the leaders of China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.
- India and Pakistan joined SCO as full members on 9 June 2017 at a summit in Astana, Kazakhstan.
- The SCO is widely regarded as the “alliance of the East”, due to its growing centrality in Asia-Pacific, and has been the primary security pillar of the region.
- It is the largest regional organisation in the world in terms of geographical coverage and population, covering three-fifths of the Eurasian continent and nearly half of the human population.
2. Russia Day
- Russia Day called Day of adoption of the declaration of state sovereignty of RSFSR before 2002, is the national holiday of the Russian Federation. It has been celebrated annually on June 12 since 1992.
- Observed by: Russian Federation
- Capital: Moscow || Currency: Russian ruble || Population: 14.45 crores (2017) World Bank || President: Vladimir Putin
3. End of Childhood Index 2019
- India was ranked 113 out of 176 countries in End of Childhood Index 2019.
- The Index was released by ‘Save the Children’, a UK based non-profit organisation working for child rights.
- 1. Singapore
- 2. Sweden
- 3. Finland
4. Mount Sinabung volcano
- Mount Sinabung volcano was erupted in Sumatra Island of western Indonesia.
- Mount Sinabung is a Pleistocene-to-Holocene stratovolcano of andesite and dacite in the Karo plateau of Karo Regency, North Sumatra, Indonesia.
- Elevation: 2,460 m
- Official languages: Indonesian, Malay || Capital: Jakarta || Currency: Indonesian rupiah
1. Kazakh-Indian Investment Forum
- Kazakh-Indian Investment Forum was held in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Kazakhstan :- Capital: Nur-Sultan || Currency: Kazakhstani Tenge
2. Rajya Sabha Council of States
- Thawar Chand Gehlot has been appointed the Leader of the House in the Rajya Sabha.
- Thawar Chand Gehlot is an Indian politician who currently serves as the Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment in the NDA Government.
- Chairman (Vice President) :- Venkaiah Naidu since 11 August 2017
- Deputy Chairman :- Harivansh Narayan Singh, JD(U) since 9 August 2018
- Leader of the House :- Thawar Chand Gehlot, BJP since 11 June 2019
- Leader of the Opposition :- Ghulam Nabi Azad, INC since 8 June 2014
3. Committee to review ATM interchange fee structure
- RBI has drafted a 6-member committee to review ATM interchange fee structure.
- Head of the Committee :- V G Kannan (Chief Executive of Indian Banks’ Association)
- The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central banking institution, which controls the issuance and supply of the Indian rupee. Until the Monetary Policy Committee was established in 2016, it also controlled monetary policy in India.
4. 54th Jnanpith Award for 2018
- Amitav Ghosh was conferred with the 54th Jnanpith Award for 2018.
- It was presented by ex-West Bengal Governor Gopalkrishna Gandhi in Delhi.
- He is the first Indian writer in English to win the award
- The Jnanpith Award is an Indian literary award presented annually by the Bharatiya Jnanpith to an author for their “outstanding contribution towards literature”.
1. IAAF is now as ‘World Athletics’
- International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) has changed its name to World Athletics.
- The International Association of Athletics Federations is the international governing body for the sport of athletics.
- It was founded on 17 July 1912 as the International Amateur Athletic Federation by representatives from 17 national athletics federations at the organization’s first congress in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Headquarters: Monaco || President: Sebastian Coe || Founded: 17 July 1912, Stockholm, Sweden || Membership: 215 member federations
2. Jemimah Rodrigues with Kia Super League
- Jemimah Rodrigues was signed by Yorkshire Diamonds of Kia Super League.
- Jemimah Rodrigues is an Indian cricketer (Female). She is an all-rounder on the Mumbai women’s cricket team and is in the Under-17 Maharashtra hockey team.
- The Women’s Cricket Super League, known as the Kia Super League for sponsorship reasons, is a semi-professional women’s Twenty20 cricket competition in England and Wales operated by the England and Wales Cricket Board.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30