Daily Current Affairs 13 May 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 May 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 May 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 May 2019 Current affairs test.
1. MANAV- Human Atlas Initiative
- Department of Biotechnology has launched MANAV- Human Atlas Initiative.
- It is aimed to understand the role of tissues and cell in the human body.
- It is a collaborated project between Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research Pune, Persistent Systems and National Centre for Cell Science.
2. Hiralal Yadav passes away
- Padma Shri awardee Bhojpuri vocalist Hiralal Yadav has passed away.
- Hiralal Yadav was an Indian folk singer, who was awarded the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award in India in 2019. He was awarded the Yash Bharti Award in 2015.
- Padma Shri is the fourth highest civilian award in the Republic of India, after the Bharat Ratna, the Padma Vibhushan and the Padma Bhushan. It is awarded by the Government of India, every year on India’s Republic Day.
3. WTO Ministerial Meeting
- The World Trade Organisation ministerial meeting of developing countries has started in New Delhi.
- The World Trade Organization is an intergovernmental organization that is concerned with the regulation of international trade between nations.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland || Purpose: Reduction of tariffs and other barriers to trade || Founded: 1 January 1995
- Membership: 164 member states || Formation: 1 January 1995; 24 years ago || Official language: English, French, Spanish
4. Special Category Status to Odisha
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has asked center for the special category status to Odisha after ‘Cyclone Fani’.
- Special Category status is an arrangement in India under which a state becomes entitled to certain additional benefits.
- It is not a Constitutional provision but has been a practice by Centre after recommendations from National Development Council.
- As of now, A total 11 states enjoy the Special category status: 7 North East states, Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, J&K.
1. International Nurses Day 2019
- International Nurses Day 2019 is observed on 12th May.
- It is celebrated on birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale.
- Florence Nightingale was an English social reformer and statistician, and the founder of modern nursing. Nightingale came to prominence while serving as a manager and trainer of nurses during the Crimean War, in which she organised care for wounded soldiers.
2. 2020 Ocean Conference
- United Nations General Assembly will held 2020 Ocean Conference in June 2020 at Lisbon in Portugal.
- It is sought to mobilize action for the conservation and sustainable use of the oceans, seas and marine resources.
- Sustainable Development Goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
- The Sustainable Development Goals are a collection of 17 global goals set by the United Nations General Assembly in 2015 for the year 2030. The SDGs are part of Resolution 70/1 of the United Nations General Assembly, the 2030 Agenda.
3. Ambassador of India to Eritrea
- Subhash Chand has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the State of Eritrea
- Eritrea:- Capital: Asmara || Continent: Africa || Currency: Eritrean Nakfa
1. World’s Fastest Bullet Train
- The ‘ALFA-X’ version of the Shinkansen train has successfully tested out by Japan.
- Shinkansen means new trunkline, but colloquially known in English as the bullet train, is a network of high-speed railway lines in Japan
- Currency: Japanese yen || Capital: Tokyo
2. IMF’s Bailout Package to Pakistan
- Pakistan has accorded staff level agreement with IMF on a bailout package of $6 billion over three years.
- A bailout is the act of a business, an individual, or a government providing money and resources to a failing company. These actions help to prevent the consequences of that business’s potential downfall which may include bankruptcy and default on its financial obligations.
- Currency: Pakistani rupee || Capital: Islamabad || Prime minister: Imran Khan || President: ArifAlvi
3. ‘NABVENTURES Fund I’
- A subsidiary of NABARD, Nabventures has notified its first time funding termed ‘NABVENTURES Fund I’.
- It is a Rs 700-crore venture capital fund for equity investments to provide support for agriculture, food and rural start-ups
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development is an apex development financial institution in India, headquartered at Mumbai with regional offices all over India.
- Founded: 12 July 1982 || Headquarters: Mumbai || Agency executive: Harsh Kumar Bhanwala (Chairman) || Formation: July 12, 1982; 36 years ago
1. World’s first women’s cricket magazine
- ‘Criczone’ is the World’s first women’s cricket magazine.
- The inaugural issue of ‘Criczone’ was released with Indian team vice-captain Smriti Mandhana featuring on the cover story.
2. International premier kabaddi league
- The ‘Indo International Premier Kabaddi League (IPKL)’ has started and will feature a total of eight teams that include 160 Indian players and 16 foreign imports.
- The franchise league, a joint initiative of the New Kabaddi Federation of India (NKF) and broadcasters DSPORT.
- It will play host to the eight teams namely Bangalore Rhinos, Chennai Challengers, DilerDilli, Haryana Heroes, Mumbai CheRaje, Pondicherry Predators, Pune Pride, and Telugu Bulls.
3. Spanish Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton has won the Spanish Grand Prix in Barcelona, Spain.
- 2nd :- Mercedes’ V. Bottas
- 3rd :- Red Bulls’ M. Verstappen
- Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE is a British racing driver who races in Formula One for Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport.
4. Premier League Title 2019
- Manchester City has clinched its fourth Premier League title with 98 points.
- Liverpool FC has finished second with 97 points.
- Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk has been named Premier League Player of the Season.
- The Premier League is the top level of the English football league system. Contested by 20 clubs, it operates on a system of promotion and relegation with the English Football League. The Premier League is a corporation in which the member clubs act as shareholders.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,13 May
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15
- Daily Current Affairs: May 16
- Daily Current Affairs: May 17
- Daily Current Affairs: May 18
- Daily Current Affairs: May 19
- Daily Current Affairs: May 20
- Daily Current Affairs: May 21
- Daily Current Affairs: May 22
- Daily Current Affairs: May 23
- Daily Current Affairs: May 24
- Daily Current Affairs: May 25
- Daily Current Affairs: May 26
- Daily Current Affairs: May 27
- Daily Current Affairs: May 28
- Daily Current Affairs: May 29
- Daily Current Affairs: May 30
- Daily Current Affairs: May 31