Daily Current Affairs 13 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Chinese President Xi Jinping is in India
- Chinese President Xi Jinping is visiting India for the 2nd Informal Summit with Prime Minister Modi at Mamallapuram, Tamil Nadu.
- Xi Jinping is a Chinese politician serving as General Secretary of the Communist Party of China, President of the People’s Republic of China, and Chairman of the Central Military Commission.
2. The Order of the Green Crescent
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu was conferred ‘The Order of the Green Crescent’ by Azali Assoumani, President of Comoros in Moroni.
- The Order of the Green Crescent is the highest Civilian Honour of Comoros.
- The Comoros is a volcanic archipelago off Africa’s east coast, in the warm Indian Ocean waters of the Mozambique Channel.
- Comoros: Capital: Moroni || Currency: Comorian franc
3. Press Institute of India-International Committee of the Red Cross Awards 2019
- The 13th edition of Press Institute of India-International Committee of the Red Cross Awards 2019 for best article and best photograph on a humanitarian subject were declared.
- The award ceremony was organized by the PII and ICRC New Delhi Regional Delegation in New Delhi.
- Best Article category: Urvashi Sarkar
- Best Photograph category: G. Sivaprasad and Rijo Joseph.
4. YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme 2019
- Andhra Pradesh YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme 2019.
- Under this scheme, the natives of Andhra Pradesh can screen their eyes free of cost and spectacles will also be provided.
1. Exercise CORPAT
- The 2nd edition of Exercise Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) of Navies of India and Bangladesh has commenced in Bay of Bengal.
- Bangladesh: Capital: Dhaka || Currency: Bangladeshi taka || Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
2. Saudi Arabia has allowed women to join armed forces
- Saudi Arabia has allowed women to join Armed Forces under as private first class, corporal or sergeant in the Air Force, Navy and other armed forces.
- King: Salman of Saudi Arabia || Capital: Riyadh || Currency: Saudi riyal
3. Exercise Dharma Guardian
- India and Japan will hold a joint military exercise ‘Dharma Guardian’ in Mizoram.
- Japan: Capital: Tokyo || Currency: Japanese yen
4. World Arthritis Day
- World Arthritis Day on 12th October was observed all over the world with the aim to create global awareness on issues affecting people with rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases.
- Theme: ‘Time2Work’.
- Arthritis is the swelling and tenderness of one or more of your joints.
1. State Bank of India rates
- SBI has cut the interest rate on savings accounts with balances up to Rs 1 lakh to 3.25% from 3.5%.
- SBI has also reduced Marginal Cost of Funds based Lending Rate (MCLR) by 10 basis points to 8.05% per annum from 8.15%.
- The State Bank of India is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services statutory body. It is a government corporation statutory body headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. SBI is ranked as 216th in the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations of 2018.
2. Credit Saison India
- Credit Saison India has received licence from RBI to set up a non-banking financial company (NBFC) in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Credit Saison India is the domestic subsidiary of Japanese financial services leader Credit Saison.
- Credit Saison is a Japanese financial services company affiliated to Mizuho Financial Group. Founded in 1951, Credit Saison is the 3rd largest credit card issuer with over 20 million cardholders in Japan, behind JCB and Visa Japan.
3. Book ‘How to Avoid a Climate Disaster: The Solutions We Have and the Breakthroughs We Need’
- Bill Gates’ new book ‘How to Avoid a Climate Disaster: The Solutions We Have and the Breakthroughs We Need’ will be released on June 2020.
- The book is about climate change and the possible solutions to prevent an environmental crisis.
4. National Postal Week 2019
- National Postal Week 2019 is being celebrated from 9–15 October 2019.
- 9th Oct: World Post Day
- 10th Oct: Banking Day
- 11th Oct: Postal Life Insurance Day
- 12th Oct: Philately Day
- 14th Oct: Business Development Day
- 15th Oct: Mail Day
1. Kings XI Punjab’s Head Coach
- Anil Kumble has been appointed as Kings XI Punjab’s head coach for the upcoming season replacing Mike Hesson.
- The Kings XI Punjab are a franchise cricket team based in Mohali, Punjab, that plays in the Indian Premier League. Established in 2008, the franchise is jointly owned by Bollywood actress PreityZinta, Ness Wadia, Mohit Burman and Karan Paul. The team plays its home matches at the PCA Stadium, Mohali.
2. 2019 AIBA World Boxing Championships
- The 2019 AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships were held in Ulan-Ude, Russia from 3 to 13 October 2019.
- Mary Kom has become the 1st boxer in history across male and female categories to win 8 World Championships medals.
- Light flyweight: Manju Rani Silver Medal.
- Flyweight: Mary Kom Bronze Medal
- Bantamweight: Jamuna Boro Bronze Medal
- Welterweight: Lovlina Borgohain Bronze Medal