Daily Current Affairs 13 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. IIT-D gets 5G lab
- This is the 1st lab of such kind.
- The radio lab has an array of antennas for standardisation, research and manufacturing of 5G equipment.
2. Heat Action Plan launched in Ahmedabad
- The 6th edition is launched to protect the public from high temperatures.
- It includes a public education campaign on how to avoid harm from excessive heat.
3. Largest solar park to come up in Gujarat
- With a capacity of 5000 MW, it will be the largest such entity in the world.
- The project will be set up in 11,000 hectares of land with Rs.25,000 cr as investment.
4. Women bikers on road trip around Golden Quadrilateral
- The 7 bikers are a part of the Ladies of Harley.
- They set out on the 6,000 km to prove that women can feel free to embark on a journey.
1. UAE approves Law on Equal Wages
- This is taken as a step to narrow gender gap in the United Arab Emirates.
- The law will provide equal opportunities to women in UAE’s development.
2. NZ bans new offshore exploration
- PM Jacinda Ardern said that they are looking for a transition towards carbon neutral future.
- The govt is committed to electricity generation from renewable sources by 2035.
3. Bangladesh ends reservation in jobs
- This comes after protests were staged against 56% reservation for special groups.
- PM Sheikh Hasina said that special arrangements will be make to compensate for jobs.
4. India and Morocco sign pact for 5 yrs
- The focus is on the development of geological infrastructure .
- The MoU in Mining and Geology is signed for 5 yrs.
1. SBI sets up 60 digital branches
- ’sbiINTOUCH’ help SBI expand its reach with increasing profitability.
- Services like instant loan approvals, assistance in choosing investment portfolios will be offered.
2. India’s GDP to grow 7.3% : ADB
- According to the Asian Development Bank, India’s GDP will grow at 7.6% in the next fiscal.
- It added that India would remain as the fastest-growing country in Asia.
3. India moves up by 13 in Index of Economic Freedom
- India is ranked at 130 against 143 last year among 180 countries.
- For 24th year in a row, Hong Kong’s economy is ranked as world’s freest.
4. Jio, Qualcomm to make laptops with SIM Cards
- Reliance Jio is in talks with Qualcomm for laptops with built-in cellular connectivity.
- The laptops might have Windows10 OS preloaded.
1. Anish becomes youngest Indian to win medal in CWG
- Shooter Anish Bhanwala won gold in 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Finals.
- Earlier, Anish won gold at the ISSF Junior World Cup.
2. Srikanth becomes world no. 1
- Kidambi Srikanth comes to the top of men’s singles with 76895 points.
- In 2017, he became the 1st Indian after Prakash Padukone to win Denmark Open.
3. Sushil Kumar won gold in just 80 seconds
- Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar won the men’s Freestyle 74 kg event.
- This is Sushil’s 3rd consecutive win at the CWG.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,13 April
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13