Daily Current Affairs 13 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Vice-Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia
- Najma Akhtar has been appointed as the Vice-Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia.
- She has become first lady Vice-Chancellor of any Central University in Delhi.
- She has also become first woman to hold the charge of Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Jamia Millia Islamia an institution originally established at Aligarh in United Provinces, India during British rule in 1920. Became a Central University by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988. In Urdu language, Jamia means University, and Millia means National.
2. Book ‘Selected speeches of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar in the Constituent Assembly’
- Prasar Bharati Chairman, A Surya Prakash has released a book named ‘Selected speeches of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar in the Constituent Assembly’.
- Prasar Bharati is India’s largest public broadcasting agency. It is a statutory autonomous body set up by an Act of Parliament and comprises the Doordarshan Television Network and All India Radio, which were earlier media units of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- CEO: Shashi Shekhar Vempati || Headquarters: New Delhi || Founded: 23 November 1997, New Delhi || Subsidiary: Doordarshan
3. Jallianwala Bagh Massacre
- The Jallianwala Bagh massacre, also known as the Amritsar massacre, took place on 13 April 1919.
- Troops of the British Indian Army under the command of Colonel Reginald Dyer fired rifles into a crowd of Indians, who had gathered in Jallianwala Bagh, Amritsar, Punjab.
- Jallianwala Bagh is a public garden in Amritsar, and houses a memorial of national importance, established in 1951 by the Government of India.
1. Order of St Andrew the Apostle
- Russian Government has awarded ‘Order of St Andrew the Apostle’ (Highest State Honour) to PM Narendra Modi.
- The Order of St. Andrew the Apostle the First-Called is the highest order of the Russian Federation. Established as the first and highest order of chivalry of the Russian Empire in 1698, it was abolished under the USSR before being re-established as the top Russian order in 1998.
- It is for exceptional services in promoting strategic partnership between the Russian Federation and the Republic of India.
2. Abu Dhabi International Book Fair
- India will be the Guest of Honour country at the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair.
- The Abu Dhabi International Book Fair is an annual book fair held in Abu Dhabi. It provides a platform where publishers, booksellers, agents, cultural organisations and press can meet, exchange ideas and identify business opportunities.
- Since 2007 it has been organised by KITAB, a joint venture between the Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage and the Frankfurt Book Fair.
- Abdullah Majed Al Ali is the Director of Abu Dhabi International Book Fair.
3. SpaceX’s first commercial mission
- SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy has launched its first commercial mission from Kennedy Space Center, Florida.
- Space Exploration Technologies Corp., doing business as SpaceX, is a private American aerospace manufacturer and space transportation services company headquartered in Hawthorne, California.
- Falcon Heavy is a partially reusable heavy-lift launch vehicle designed and manufactured by SpaceX. It is derived from the Falcon 9 vehicle and consists of a strengthened Falcon 9 first stage as a central core with two additional first stages as strap-on boosters.
- CEO: Elon Musk (2002–) || Founder: Elon Musk || Founded: 6 May 2002 || Headquarters: Hawthorne, California, United States || Number of employees: 7,000 || Subsidiary: The Boring Company
4. International Day of Human Space Flight
- The International Day of Human Space Flight is the annual celebration, held on April 12, of the anniversary of the first human space flight by Yuri Gagarin.
- It was proclaimed at the 65th session of the United Nations General Assembly on April 7, 2011.
- Yuri Gagarin was a Soviet pilot and cosmonaut. He became the first human to journey into outer space when his Vostok spacecraft completed one orbit of the Earth on 12 April 1961.
1. New Brand Ambassador of Navratna Cool
- Actor Varun Dhawan has been appointed as the New Brand Ambassador of Navratna Cool Oil.
- Navratna Oil is one of the power brands of Emami Limited.
- Emami Group is an Indian conglomerate company headquartered in Kolkata, India.
2. PayU’s New Acquisition
- PayU has acquired US digital payments company ‘Wibmo’ for $70 million.
- PayU is a fintech company that provides payment technology to online merchants. The company was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
- It allows online businesses to accept and process payments through payment methods that can be integrated with web and mobile applications.
- Founded: 2002 || Parent organization: Naspers || Founders: Nitin Gupta, Martin Schrimpff, Arjan Bakker, Jose Velez, Shailaz Nag, Grzegorz Brochocki
3. TCS with Google
- Tata Consultancy Services has partnered with Google Cloud to build industry-specific cloud solutions.
- Google Cloud Platform, offered by Google, is a suite of cloud computing services that runs on the same infrastructure that Google uses internally for its end-user products, such as Google Search and YouTube.
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited is an Indian multinational information technology service and consulting company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is a subsidiary of Tata Group and operates in 46 countries.
- Rajesh Gopinathan is the CEO and Managing Director of Tata Consultancy Services, a leading global IT solutions and consulting firm. He was elevated to the role of Chief Executive in February 2017 after serving as the Chief Financial Officer since 2013.
4. Forbes World’s Best Bank survey for India
- HDFC Bank emerged as India’s No 1 bank.
- 2. ICICI Bank
- 3. DBS Bank
- 4. Kotak Mahindra Bank
- 5. IDFC Bank
- It was a unique survey as it did not measure financial performance, ignoring balance sheets and P&L statements in favour of customer opinion.
- The largest state-owned lender SBI is not in top 10 of Forbes list. The bank was ranked 11th.
- Forbes has partnered with market research firm Statista to measure the best banks.
1. All India Tennis Association with Serbian Tennis Federation
- All India Tennis Association has signed an MoU with Serbian Tennis Federation to train Indian junior players under Serbian coaches.
- The All India Tennis Association, is the governing body of tennis in India. It was established in 1920 and affiliated by International Tennis Federation and Asian Tennis Federation.
- President: Praveen Mahajan || Sport: Tennis || Founded: March 1920 || Headquarters: R.K. Khanna Tennis Complex, Delhi || Affiliation: International Tennis Federation
2. World Table Tennis Championships 2019
- The 2019 World Table Tennis Championships will be held in Budapest, Hungary from 21 to 28 April, 2019. It will be the 55th edition of the championships.
- The World Table Tennis Championships have been held since 1926, biennially since 1957. Five individual events, which include men’s singles, women’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s double and mixed doubles, are currently held in odd numbered years.
3. SAG Games (South Asian Games) 2019
- The 2019 South Asian Games, officially the XIII South Asian Games, is a major multi-sport event will be held from 1–10 December 2019 in Kathmandu and Pokhara, Nepal.
- The South Asian Games are a biennial multi-sport event held among the athletes from South Asia. The governing body of these games is South Asia Olympic Council, formed in 1983.
- At present, SAG are joined by eight members namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30