Daily Current Affairs 13 August 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 August 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 August 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 August 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Tamil Nadu gets exemption from NEET2017.
- The Centre is willing to grant exemption from NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for one year to Tamil Nadu in terms of government college medical admissions to help rural students.
- State needed to pass an Ordinance seeking exemption for one year, which should specify that the exemption was being provided to help rural students to get admission in government colleges.
2. HRD plans to replace UGC and AICTE with single regulator in limbo.
- The government’s plan to replace the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) with a single higher education regulator seems to have hit a roadblock with the HRD ministry putting the idea on hold.
- The plan to introduce Higher Education Empowerment Regulation Agency or HEERA with an aim to eliminate overlaps in jurisdiction and remove irrelevant regulatory provisions is in limbo.
3. Sharad Yadav removed as leader of JD(U) in RS.
- The Janata Dal (U) on Saturday removed senior member Sharad Yadav as leader of the party’s parliamentary group in the Rajya Sabha, and appointed R.C.P. Singh in his stead.
- With this, Mr Yadav’s exit from the JD(U), a party he helped form, is almost certain, even though he has been invited to attend the party’s national executive meet on August 19.
4. Narmada Bachao acticvist Medha Patkar ends fast after 17 days.
- Social activist Medha Patkar, who has been fasting for the people displaced due to the Sardar Sarovar Dam, ended her fast after 17 days.
- She broke her fast in the Dhar jail in Madhya Pradesh, where she has been detained for the past three years.
1. Republic of Chad to release Lord Krishna coin on Janmashtami.
- The Republic of Chad, a South African country will release limited edition of Lord Krishna silver coin on Janmashtami in commemoration of the 5,244th birth anniversary of the Hindu god.
- 251 out of the 501 coins will be available in Indian markets for sale, priced RS.25,555.
2. 3.5 million volunteer ready for People’s Army to retaliate against US.
- North Korea said that nearly 3.5 million people and retired soldiers have volunteered to join its army to fight against United States.
- This comes after US president Donald Trump said that the country’s military is “locked and loaded” on North Korea.
3. 6.4 magnitude earthquake hit Indonesia’s Sumatra.
- A strong 6.4-magnitude earthquake hit off the Indonesian island Sumatra but there was no tsunami risk, seismologists said as panicked residents fled their homes.
- The quake hit at a depth of 35 kilometres at 10:08 am 73 kilometres west of Bengkulu, according to the United States Geological Survey.
4. Indian Army out of international military games after T-90 tanks fail.
- The Indian Army has been eliminated from a multi-nation tank competition in Russia after both its T-90 main battle tanks developed technical problems at the Alabino ranges in the Moscow region.
- The army had sent two T-90s – a main tank and a reserve one – and a 21-man crew for the tank biathlon at the 2017 International Army Games in Russia.
1. Demonetisation cut cash in economy by 20%: Economic Survey
- Chief Economic Advisor(CEA) Arvind Subramanian said that there has been a 20 per cent reduction in cash in the economy.
- He added that Cash to GDP ratio has come down by 1.6 percentage points.
2. Manju Desh Bandhu Gupta to be new Lupin Chairperson.
- Drug major Lupin, founded by Desh Bandhu Gupta announced that wife of the founder will be next chairperson of the company with immediate effect.
- This comes after Desh Bandhu Gupta passed away on June 26,2017.
3. US to announce trade action against China.
- The United States will launch a trade action next week that could lead to a full-fledged investigation into China’s “unreasonable or discriminatory” intellectual property laws, policies and practices that harmful to America, with the possibility of punitive follow-up measures including sanctions.
- A trade sanctions against China had long been in the making, consistent with Trump’s election promises of cutting America’s ballooning trade deficit with China and punish the Asian nation for unfair trade practices.
4. Gurudeep Sappal resigns as RS TV CEO.
- Gurdeep Singh Sappal has resigned as Rajya Sabha TV CEO and Prasar Bharati CEO Shashi Shekhar Vempati has been given the additional charge of the post.
- Rajya Sabha TV is owned and operated by the Upper House of Parliament, and the Vice-President is its chairman.
1. US sprinter breaks Bolt’s record of most world c’ship medals.
- Winning her 15th medal at world championships, US sprinter Allyson Felix has become the most decorated athlete in world championships.
- The 31 year old American won women’s 4 by 100 meter relay to claim her career’s 10th world championship gold medal.
2. Sports University to be opened at Imphal.
- The Union Government is all set to establish first of its kind Sports University this November in Imphal.
- The University will comprise four schools — sports science & sports medicine, sports management & sports technology, sports education & coaching and inter-disciplinary studies.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz, 13 August
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30
Thank You, For such a useful content.
keep up the great work.