Daily Current Affairs 13 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Former MP and Speaker Somnath Chatterjee passes away
- He was an Indian politician who had been associated with the Communist Party of India (Marxist).
- He also served as the Speaker of the Lok Sabha from 2004 to 2009.
2. INS Sahyadri is at Suva, Fiji
- Indian Naval Ship Sahyadri entered Port of Suva on a goodwill visit.
- INS Sahyadri is a Shivalik-class stealth multi-role frigate built for the Indian Navy. This class features improved stealth and land attack capabilities over the preceding Talwar-class frigates.
3. Swachh Survekshan 2019
- 2019 Swachh Survekshan will focus on sustainability and public participation.
- Swachh Survekshan 2019 will be conducted across all cities and towns across the country between 4th – 31st January 2019.
4. Shahadat ko Salam
- Under this initiative, Rajasthan Govt will organise a human chain along the 650-km-long Pakistan border on the occasion of independence day.
- The task will be achieved with the help of Border Security Force and the Army.
1. Nepal-India Literature Festival 2018
- Nepal-India Literature Festival 2018 has started at Birgunj,Nepal.
- Inaugurating the festival Chief Minister of Province 2 Mohammad Lalbabu Raut said that it will play an important role in further strengthening Indo-Nepal ties.
2. V.S. Naipaul passes away
- Sir Vidiadhar Surajprasad Naipaul TC, known as V. S. Naipaul, was a British writer who won the 2001 Nobel Prize for Literature.
- He died at his home in London at the age of 85.
3. International Youth Day
- International Youth Day was observed on 12th August.
- Theme of International Youth Day 2018 : ‘Safe Spaces for Youth’.
4. World Elephant Day
- World Elephant Day was observed on 12th August.
- It is an international annual event, dedicated to the preservation and protection of the world’s elephants.
1. An MOU between Amazon and UP govt
- This a part of Kala Haat programme from Amazon India,is aimed to help traditional industries with e-commerce business.
- Amazon, is an American electronic commerce and cloud computing company based in Seattle, Washington, that was founded by Jeff Bezos on July 5, 1994.
2. Bajaj Electricals’ MD passes away
- Managing Director of Bajaj Electricals Anant Bajaj at 41(due to cardiac arrest).
- Bajaj Electricals Ltd is an Indian consumer electrical equipment manufacturing company based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is a part of the ₹380 billion Bajaj Group.
3. Paytm’s new acquisition
- Paytm acquired start-up Balance Technology(Bengaluru).
- Balance Technology is a Bengaluru-based savings management start-up.
1. Vietnam Open
- Ajay Jayaram finished as runner-up in the men’s singles event at Vietnam Open.
- He lost the final to Shesar Hiren Rhustavito(Indonesian).
2. Cristiano Ronaldo debut at Juventus
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored his first goal for Juventus just eight minutes.
- The match was against Juventus’ B team in an annual traditional pre-season friendly.
3. Spanish Super Cup
- Barcelona beat Sevilla 2-1 to win Spanish Super Cup in Morocco.
- Barcelona won the Cup for the sixth time in nine years.
4. Youngest Indian to win on Asian tour
- Indian golfer Viraj Madappa won his maiden title on the Asian Tour.
- The earlier record was held by Gaganjeet Bhullar.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13