Daily Current Affairs 13 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Madras HC refuses to ban bullock cart races in Tamil Nadu.
- Madras HC declined PIL seeking to ban ‘rekla race’ or bullock cart race in Tamil Nadu in a view of Supreme Court banning such events.
- The state government had however brought in an amendment allowing ‘Jallikattu’.
2.Delhi government setting trend of ‘commit suicide, get Rs.1 Cr’.
- Slamming the Delhi government’s decision to compensate the family of ex-army man who committed suicide, the Delhi HC said, “You are setting trend to commit suicide and get compensation”.
- It further questioned the need for compensatory employment which was also provided to the man’s family. He had committed suicide over the One Rank, One Pension issue
3.Officials forget to wipe EVM data, re-polling in 6 Gujarat booths.
- Election Commission ordered re-polling in 6 booths in Gujarat, where the first phase of Assembly elections was held on Dec 9.
- This comes as the presiding officers forgot to remove mock drill results stored in the EVM before the actual poll. The re-election will be held on Dec 14 along with second phase.
1.Kim Jong-un vows to make N Korea world’s strongest nuclear power.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has pledged to make his country “ the world’s strongest nuclear power” as he hailed the scientists behind the country’s recent intercontinental ballistic missile(ICBM) launch, according to the state media.
- N Korea has test-fired 23 missiles this year, including a hydrogen bomb that was about 4-5 times stronger than the 1945 Nagasaki nuclear bomb.
2.Kazakhstan suggests adopting International Diwali Day at UN.
- Kazakhstan’s Permanent Representative to the UN, Kairat Umarov, has suggested that the global body adopt an International Diwali Day.
- The move would “immortalize” Diwali, which reflects the ideas of the UN in good overcoming evil, Umarov said. Notably, UN General Assembly adopted a resolution in 2014 acknowledging the significance of Diwali.
3.Restart of nuclear reactor shut over Fukushima mishap barred.
- The Hiroshima HC reversed a lower court’s ruling and barred the restart of nuclear reactor in the country that was shut in the wake of the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster.
- This is the first time that a high court in Japan has overturned a lower court ruling regarding nuclear restarts since Fukushima disaster.
1.Microsoft pledges $50 million to broaden AI for Earth program.
- The program was announced to make artificial Intelligence(AI) accessible for researchers to solve environmental challenges.
- Microsoft will also provide universities ad organizations with advanced trainings to put AI to its best use, Microsoft President Brad Smith said.
2.Bharti Airtel stock rises after 20% stake sale in its DTH arm to Warburg Pincus.
- India’s largest telco said an affiliate of private equity firm Warburg Pincus will acquire upto 20% in its DTH arm Bharti Telemedia for about $350 mn.
- OuT of 20%, Airtel will sell its 15% stake in DTH arm and the balance will be sold by another Bharti entity which holds 5% stake in the company.
3.SC puts NCLT’s Unitech takeover order on hold.
- The Supreme Court stayed the National Company Law Tribunal’s order which directed the government to takeover real estate Unitech management.
- This comes a day after the apex court called the tribunal’s order ‘disturbing’.
1.Gayle smashes record 18 sixes in T20 match.
- Chris Gayle again showed off his monstrous strength as he smashed record 18 sixes creating a T20 cricket history during the Bangladesh Premier League.
- He broke his own record of hitting 17 sixes in an unbeaten 175 for RCB against Sahara Pune Warriors during the IPL 2013.
2. 36th National Rowing C’ship: Services bag 7 Gold.
- The Services team clinched the overall championship with 7 gold medals while the team from the Indian Army clinched the 2nd spot with 3 gold medals .
- A team each from Army Sports Control Board and Services Sports Control Board participated in the championship.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15