Daily Current Affairs 13 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Exercise Rahat’
- Sapta Shakti Command of Indian Army has started Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Exercise ‘Exercise Rahat’ in Jaipur.
- The aim is to achieve ‘Disaster Resilient India’.
2. 125th Constitutional Amendment Bill
- The 125th Constitutional Amendment Bill will increase the financial and executive powers of the 10 Autonomous Councils in the Sixth Schedule areas of the north-eastern region.
- Amending the Constitution of India is the process of making changes to the nation’s fundamental law or supreme law. The procedure of amendment in the constitution is laid down in Part XX (Article 368) of the Constitution of India. This procedure ensures the sanctity of the Constitution of India and keeps a check on arbitrary power of the Parliament of India.
- The Constitution (124th Amendment) Bill, 2019, seeking to provide 10% reservation in jobs and education to EWS.
3. Arundhati Scheme
- Arundhati Scheme is launched by Assam Govt.
- It will provide gold (1 Tola Gold) at free of cost to the brides.
- The Assam Govt. has set aside 300 crore for the implementation of the Arundhati Scheme.
1. New Chairman of the African Union
- Egypt’s President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi has been elected as the Chairman of the African Union.
- He replaced Rwanda’s President Paul Kagame.
2. World Radio Day
- World Radio Day is an observance day held annually on 13 February to celebrate radio as a medium.
- It was proclaimed on 3 November 2011 by UNESCO’s 36th General Conference after originally being proposed by the Kingdom of Spain.
3. International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- ‘International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement’ called for a campaign ‘notonukes.org campaign’ to have a total ban on Nuclear Weapons.
- The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is an international humanitarian movement with approximately 17 million volunteers, members and staff worldwide which was founded to protect human life and health, to ensure respect for all human beings, and to prevent and alleviate human suffering.
- Founded: 1863, Geneva, Switzerland || Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland || Volunteers: Around 17 million || Location: Geneva, Switzerland || Founders: Henry Dunant, Gustave Moynier, Théodore Maunoir, Louis Appia, Guillaume Henri Dufour
4. Ambassador of India to the Republic of Marshall Islands
- Sanjay Kumar Verma has been accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Marshall Islands
- He is presently Ambassador of India to Japan and will be jointly assessing both.
1. Most Punctual Airline of 2018
- ‘Most Punctual Airline of 2018’ in a global survey conducted by OAG Aviation Worldwide, a UK-based data firm.
- Top Three
- 1. Copa Airlines (Panama)
- 2. Air Baltic (Latvia)
- 3. Hong Kong Airlines (Hong Kong)
2. Dan David Prize 2019
- Indian historian Sanjay Subrahmanyam has won ‘Dan David Prize 2019’.
- The Dan David Prize grants annually three prizes of US$1 million by The Dan David Foundation, Israel, each for outstanding achievement. Fields are chosen for Past, Present and Future.
3. LAWASIA Human Rights Conference
- The first LAWASIA Human Rights Conference was concluded in New Delhi.
- Theme :- ‘State Power, Business and Human Rights: Contemporary Challenges’
- LAWASIA is a regional association of lawyers, judges, jurists and legal organisations, which advocates for the interests and concerns of the Asia Pacific legal profession.
4. EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2018
- Siddhartha Lal has been named as the EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2018.
- He will represent India at the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award (WEOY) in Monte Carlo.
- Azim Premji (chairman at Wipro) won the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Siddhartha Lal is the MD and CEO, Eicher Motors.
1. Chennai Open ATP challenger title
- Corentin Moutet of France has won Chennai Open ATP challenger title.
- He defeated Andrew Harris of Australia by 6-3, 6-3 in the singles final.
2. Senior National Badminton Championship 2019
- The 83rd edition of Senior National Badminton Championships has started in Guwahati.
- Last Years’ champions :- Saina Nehwal || HS Prannoy
3. 2019 Australian Cricket Awards
- Nathan Lyon :- Men’s Test Player of the Year Award.
- Glenn Maxwell :- Men’s T20I Cricketer of the year Award.
- Marcus Stoinis :- ODI cricketer of the year Award.
- Pat Cummins :- Allan Border Medal.
- The Allan Border Medal is named after former Australian men’s captain Allan Border and recognises the most outstanding male Australian cricketer of the past season as voted by his peers, the media and umpires.
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13