Daily Current Affairs 13 January 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 January 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 January 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 January 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Gadkari proposes creating world’s largest garden
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said the Mumbai Port Trust will create world’s largest garden by reclaiming 350 hectares of land.
- He further requested CM Devendra Fadnavis to clear the proposal.
2. India leading climate change fight : UN
- UN Chief Antonio Guterres said that India and China are assuming the leadership in a fight against climate change when others are failing.
- He said that the developing countries are climate change’s biggest victims.
3. Bihar poorest state in India, Delhi richest : Survey
- National family Health Survey on around 6 lakh households in 2015-16 has revealed this.
- The survey classifies all households into five quantiles, of which Bihar has more than half of its households in bottom quantile while Delhi has over 60% households in top quantile.
1. Turkmenistan bans women from driving
- President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov issued the order at the request of Interior Minister Isgender Mulikov who claimed that women drivers were responsible for the majority of car accidents in the country.
- Officials have started seizing the licenses of female drivers and impounding their cars.
2. Trump cancelled UK visit as he is not welcome : London Mayor
- Sadiq Khan said Trump cancelled his UK visit as he had got the message from Londoners that he isn’t welcome in the country.
- This comes after Trump claimed that he didn’t want to open the new US embassy in London and hence cancelled the visit.
3. S Korea, N Korea to install artificial reefs against China
- The reefs will be installed near a disputed maritime border between the two Koreas preventing illegal fishing by Chinese ships.
- It is believed that the Chinese ships took advantage of the tensions between the two Koreas.
1. IDFC announces merger with Capital First
- IDFC Bank will take over financial firm Capital First with shareholders of Capital First getting 139 shares of IDFC Bank for every 10 held.
- The merger will form a combined entity with assets under management of Rs.88,000 cr, branch network of 194 and customer base of over 5 mn.
2. JP Morgan lost 143 million dollars on a single trading client
- JPMorgan Chase & Co has said that its equities trading business booked a 143 million dollars loss linked to South African retailer Steinhoff which unveiled accounting issues.
- The bank said equity markets revenue would have been up by 12% without the client loss in Q4.
3. Bitcoin’s share of crypto market hits record low of 32.6%
- Bitcoin has a market valuation of 240 billion dollars while combined market valuation of all cryptocurrencies in 740 billion dollars.
- Ethereum hit an all-time high of 1417 dollars surging nearly 90% this year.
1. Pak dismissed for 74
- NZ clinched the 5 match ODI series with 3-0 at Dunedin.
- NZ set up a target of 257 and Pak lost by 183 runs .
2. Over 1,000 players sign up for IPL 2018 auction
- The auction will take place in Bengaluru on Jan 27 and 28.
- A total of 1,122 players will participate of which 58 players are from Australia.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15