Daily Current Affairs 13 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Sushila Devi Literature Award
- Namita Gokhale has won the Sushila Devi Literature Award.
- She was awarded for her novel “Things to Leave Behind”
2. ‘One Family, One Job’ scheme
- Sikkim Govt. has launched ‘One Family, One Job’ scheme.
- This scheme is aimed at providing jobs to a member of every family which does not have a Govt. Job in the state.
3. 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
- 2019 Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will begin on 21 January and end on 23 January
- PM Modi will inaugurate the 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
4. National Youth Parliament Festival 2019
- Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Rajyavardhan Rathore has launched the National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 in New Delhi.
- Theme :- ‘Be the Voice of New India and Find solutions and contribute to policy’
5. New CBI Chief
- M Nageshwara Rao has taken charge as the Director of Central Bureau of Investigation.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation is the premier investigating agency of India. Operating under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, the CBI is headed by the Director.
1. India-Central Asia Dialogue
- The first India-Central Asia Dialogue has been concluded in Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
- It is co-chaired by External Affairs Minister of India Sushma Swaraj and the Foreign Minister of Uzbekistan, Abdulaziz Kamilov.
2. New Sultan of Malaysia
- Tengku Abdullah ibni Sultan Ahmad Shah is set to be proclaimed as the Sultan of Pahang on 15 January 2019
- He is the Pemangku Raja and Tengku Mahkota Pahang, Malaysia. He is a member of the FIFA Council.
- The Malaysian King is elected on a rotational basis from the sultans of the nine states, with Pahang state will provide the next king.
3. Pakistan’s port of Gwadar
- Saudi Arabia will set up a $10 billion oil refinery in Port of Gwadar, Pakistan.
- The Gwadar Port is a deep-sea port situated on the Arabian Sea at Gwadar in Balochistan province of Pakistan. The port features prominently in the China–Pakistan Economic Corridor plan, and is considered to be a link between the ambitious One Belt, One Road and Maritime Silk Road projects.
1. Gaganyaan by December 2021
- ISRO will meet the targets of launching Gaganyaan manned mission to outer space by December 2021.
- A mission to Planet Venus by 2023.
- ISRO will launch a dedicated space and science television channel to make its benefits reach people across the nations.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India headquartered in the city of Bengaluru. Its vision is to “harness space technology for national development while pursuing space science research and planetary exploration.”
- Headquarters: Bengaluru || Founder: Vikram Sarabhai || Founded: 15 August 1969 || Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan || Subsidiary: Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
2. Gold Monetisation Scheme
- RBI has allowed Charitable Institutions, Central and State Government Entities to deposit gold under Gold Monetisation Scheme.
- GMS, which modifies the existing ‘Gold Deposit Scheme’ (GDS) and ‘Gold Metal Loan Scheme (GML), is intended to mobilise gold held by households and institutions of the country and facilitate its use for productive purposes, and in the long run, to reduce country’s reliance on the import of gold.
3. ICSI’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- Godrej Group Chairman Adi Godrej was conferred the ICSI’s Lifetime Achievement Award at 18th ICSI National Awards in Mumbai.
- The Godrej Group is an Indian conglomerate headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, managed and largely owned by the Godrej family.
- The Institute of Company Secretaries of India is a statutory professional body in India with the objective of promoting, regulating and developing the profession of company secretaries in India.
1. Kids’ Golf World Championship
- Kartik Singh won the under-8 category Junior world title at the Kids’ Golf World Championship
- Golf World Championship organised by US kids Golf in Malaysia
2. Honorary Membership of the SCG
- Virat Kohli and Ravi Shastri has received the honorary membership of the Sydney Cricket Ground.
- SCG is a sports stadium in Sydney, Australia. It is used for Test, One Day International and Twenty20 cricket, as well as Australian Rules football, rugby league football, rugby union, and association football. It is the home ground for the New South Wales Blues cricket team, the Sydney Sixers of the Big Bash League and the Sydney Swans Australian Football League club.
3. Narain Karthikeyan’s full-time switch to Sports Car Racing
- Narain Karthikeyan has ended his single-seater racing career by making a full-time switch to Sports Car Racing.
- He will compete in Japan’s Super GT series.
- Narain Karthikeyan is a racing driver who was the first Formula One driver from India. He has previously competed in A1GP, and the Le Mans Series. He made his Formula One debut in 2005 with the Jordan team, and was a Williams F1 test driver in 2006 and 2007.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13