Daily Current Affairs 13 July 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 July 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 July 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 July 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Selling old jewellery will attract 3% GST
- Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia announced that selling of jewellery will attract 3% GST on value realised.
- A jeweller buying old jewellery from someone will charge 3% GST under reverse charge.
- If the proceeds from the old jewellery is used for buying new jewellery, the tax paid on sale will be adjusted against GST on the purchase.
2. Rajnath, Sushma to brief on China stand-off, J&K
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will give a brief presentation about China stand-off and situation in Kashmir to the Opposition parties.
- The Indian troops are on a border stand-off at Doklam region since three weeks.
- After the killing of militant commander Burhan Wani in an encounter with security forces in June 2016, there has been unrest in Kashmir Valley resulting in death of 76 people besides 2 police personnel.
3.Man attacked for allegedly carrying beef
- A man has been attacked by a group of five to eight persons in Nagpur district for allegedly carrying beef.
- The man was beaten up when he resisted to show what he was carrying.
- A video of this incident that went viral on social media shows the attackers accusing the man of “killing a cow”.
4. Sasikala paid bribe to jail official
- Karnataka DIG(prisons) D.Roopa has accused DG(Prisons) H.S Sathyanarayana Rao of accepting Rs.2 crore bribe from AIADMK interim general secretary V.K Sasikala to give her preferential treatment in Bengaluru Central Prison.
- The report alleged that Sasikala was allowed to install a makeshift kitchen in her cell and was provided with an inmate as a cook.
1.Nawaz Sharif rejects demands for resignation
- Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif rejected to step down on the basis of JIT report that accuses him and his family of concealing assets from tax authorities and also providing fake documents to conceal information.
- The Cabinet reposed full confidence in his leadership.
- But the opposition leaders said “democracy is in danger”.
2. 10 Indians killed in Saudi Arabia house fire
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj tweeted “I am aware of the fire tragedy in Najran in which we have lost 10 Indian National and 6 are injured”.
- The tweet came after a woman sought her help to bring the mortal remains of one of those dead at the fire accident that ripped through a windowless house in Saudi Arabia.
3.Scientists discover solar cell that may be the most efficient in the world
- The researchers at George Washington University have designed a new solar cell that converts direct sunlight to electricity with 44.6% efficiency.
- The prototype integrates multiple cells stacked into a single device capable of capturing all of the energy in the solar spectrum.
4. Malaysia says MH17 Airline suspects could be known by year end
- The Malaysia Boeing 777 was shot down over eastern Ukranian territory by a Russian made Buk missile.
- All 298 on board were killed.
- Malaysia Transport Minister Liow Tiang Lai said they hope the suspects to+ face charges in Netherlands should be known by the end of this year
1. Skoda rolls out new Octavia
- Czech carmaker Skoda has rolled out a new version of its best-selling sedan Octavia priced at Rs15.49 lakhs in India.
- The sedan will be available in petrol and diesel variants.
- This will further boost the company’s sales which has experienced 15% increase from January to June
2. HDFC Realty expects Rs 250 crores turnover
- “Looking at the business that we have on hand and the future work we will get, we can go to about Rs.250 crore turnover in five years”,Vikram Goel, CEO,HDFC Realty said.
- The firm provides services in all aspects of real estate including consulting, valuation etc.,
3. Reliance Jio admits to system breach
- Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd has lodged a complaint alleging unlawful access to its systems.
- The email addresses of Jio users were available on a website called ‘magicapk’ which was later pulled down.
4. UDAN unites Air Odisha and Air Deccan
- UDAN unites rival airlines in a quest to acquire new aircraft.
- Air Odisha will import 5 aircraft and Air Deccan will get 3 planes to commence operations by September this year.
1. Federer moves to semi-finals in Wimbledon 2017
- Federer won against Milos Raonic to head into the semi-finals.
- With the victory, Federer is only one of the Big Four to remain in the tournament, with Djokovic, Nadal and Murray crashing out.
2. Current test team can be country’s best ever, says new Coach
- The newly appointed coach, Ravi Shastri said the team could go on to become the country’s best-ever Test outfit.
- He said skipper Virat Kohli was yet to reach his peak and that the next few years would define him in the true sense.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31