Daily Current Affairs 13 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Rashtrapati Bhavan hosts a meeting of Institutions’ Head.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan hosted a one-day meeting of Vice Chancellors, Directors and Heads of 19 Central Institutes of Higher Learning.
- This is the part of regular interactions of the President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, with the heads of Central Universities and institutions of higher learning in his capacity as visitor to 146 Central Universities and institutions of higher learning.
2. ‘Seema Darshan’ Project
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to approve ‘Seema Darshan’ project for developing infrastructure facilities at border in Banaskantha district.
- The project entails an exhibition hall, a parade ground with an amphitheatre for 5,000 people like on Wagah Border pattern.
3. Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA)
- Dr. TCA Raghavan is the new Director General (DG) of Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA).
- He was selected by Governing Body and Governing Council of ICWA headed by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu.
4. Spiritual Leader Dada Vaswani Passed Away
- Spiritual leader Dada Vaswani passed away at the age of 99 in Pune, Maharashtra.
- He was known as a humanitarian, philosopher, educator, orator and non-sectarian spiritual leader, Vaswani was also known for promoting vegetarianism and animal rights.
1. Century’s Longest Total Lunar Eclipse on July 27-28
- A total lunar eclipse will occur on July 27-28, 2018 with a totality duration of 1 hour 43 minutes.
- The duration makes it the longest total lunar eclipse of this century (2001 AD to 2100 AD).
2. Tall Ship Races – 2018
- INS Tarangini arrived Sunderland UK to Participate in Tall Ship Races – 2018
- The name ‘Tarangini’ is derived from the Hindi word ‘Tarang’ meaning waves; thus, Tarangini means ‘the one that rides the waves’. INS Tarangini is the first ship of the Indian Navy to have circumnavigated the globe in the year 2003-04 and has participated in tall ship races conducted around the world in 2007, 2011 and 2015.
3. First-Ever Colour X-Ray On a Human
- New Zealand scientists have performed the first-ever 3-D, colour X-ray on a human, using a technique that promises to improve the field of medical diagnostics.
- It works like a camera detecting and counting individual sub-atomic particles as they collide with pixels while its shutter is open. This allows for high-resolution, high-contrast pictures.
4. Seatrade 30th Anniversary Award Ceremony at the Landmark,London
- Dr Ravi Mehrotra CBE, Chairman of Foresight Group International Ltd., was presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award by Mr Chris Hayman (Chairman, Seatrade).
- This award recognises recipients who have made a significant and lasting contribution to shipping and the maritime industry.
1. Commerce Minister Meets World Bank Team
- Suresh Prabhu, met with the World Bank team in New Delhi to explore ways to strengthen World Bank support towards India’s development with collaboration in specific areas of trade, logistics and investment.
- The team was led by Ms. Caroline Freund, Director of Trade, Regional Integration and Investment Climate and Junaid Ahmad, Country Director for the World Bank in India.
2. HDFC Securities: Mutual Funds transactional capabilities on Facebook
- HDFC securities to have Mutual Funds transactional capabilities on Facebook Messenger through their virtual assistant, Arya.
- HDFC Bank- India’s largest private bank by market capitalization. Reserve Bank of India labelled HDFC Bank as ‘domestic systematically important bank’ – in other words, ‘too big to fail’.
3. India has two $100-billion companies as Reliance shares surge
- Mukesh Ambani suppressed Alibaba’s Co-founder Jack Ma(China)to become Asia’s richest person as Reliance shares hit an all-time high.
- Reliance Industries Ltd and Tata Consultancy Services as the only two $100-billion companies in India.
4. Indian Army signed MoU with SBI on the Defence Salary Package
- This will include free personal accident death, free permanent total disability cover and other accidental benefits to the deceased soldier and family.
- The renewed MoU will be valid till January 3, 2019.
1. Hima Das won Gold in 400m of World U20 Championships
- Hima Das, 18-year-old from Dhing village in Assam is first Indian woman to win gold at the IAAF World Under-20 Athletics Championships.
- Narendra Modi, has congratulated athlete Hima Das on winning Gold in 400m of World U20 Championships.
2. Asia Cup Archery
- India has bagged four medals and finished joint third with Iran in the championship.
- Korea topped the tally with 14 medals, 8 of them being gold. Taipei bagged 5 medals, two of them being gold.
3. 28th Meeting of Shooting Hopes international championship
- Anish Bhanwala won Gold Medal in junior men’s 25m rapid fire pistol.
- Manu Bhaker won Gold Medal in the junior women’s 10m air pistol.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13