Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This article, Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2017, includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports events. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through this article, that is, Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2017, we would recommend to you to try
13 June 2017 Current affairs test.
Important Days and Dates
International Albinism awareness day: June-13
Every year June 13 is observed as International Albinism awareness. This Day provides an opportunity for all of us to consider the challenges faced by those living with albinism.Albinism is a pigmentary abnormality which leads to an extremely light hair skin and eye colour.
1.UP tops in number of child labourers.
- According to CRY’s Report on child labour, more than 8 lakh children between the age group of 5 and 6 years in India are engaged in child labour.
- According to the report Uttar Pradesh has the highest number of 2,50,672 children engaged in labour, followed by Bihar and Maharashtra.
- High level of poverty and unemployment coupled with a lack of adequate social security net compel parents to allow their children to work.
2. MHA panel to examine rules on people’s movement near Indo-Myanmar border.
- Central Government has set up an expert committee to examine the rules which allow free movement of Indian and Myanmarese citizens within 16 kms of the border.
- It is exploited by militants for smuggling arms, drugs, and fake Indian currency.
- The committee, headed by the special secretary (Internal Security) in the Ministry of Home Affairs will prepare standard operating procedures common for all the four states so that militants, criminals and contraband are filtered at the border without causing inconvenience to genuine people.
- India’s 1,643-km border with Myanmar touches four states — Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur and Mizoram.
3. India ratifies global conventions to combat child labour.
- India has ratified two fundamental global conventions on combating child labour.
- India ratified Minimum Age Convention, 1973 and the Worst Forms of Child Labour Convention, 1999.
- India is the 170th ILO member state to ratify Convention No 138, which requires states party to set a minimum age under which no one shall be admitted to employment or work in any occupation, except for light work and artistic performances.
- India is the 181st member state to ratify Convention No 182, which calls for the prohibition and elimination of the worst forms of child labour, including slavery, forced labour and trafficking
- ILO Director General – Guy Ryder
4. RBI to issue new batch of Rs 500 notes.
- Reserve Bank of India will issue new batch of 500 rupee banknotes with inset letter “A” in both the number panels.
- It will bear the signature of Dr.Urjit R. Patel with the year of printing ‘2017’ on the reverse.
- The design of the new Rs. 500 notes is similar in all respects to those belonging to the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series.
- In the existing series of Rs. 500 banknotes the inset letter “E” can be seen in the two number panels at the upper-left and lower-right corners of the front side.
1. Panama cuts ties with Taiwan.
- Panama has cut long-standing diplomatic ties with Taiwan in favour of establishing relations with China.
- China and Panama issued a joint statement saying they would immediately establish ambassador-level relations.
- The Panamanian government said it recognised there was “only one China” and considered Taiwan part of it.
- Panama is the latest to switch sides, leaving Taiwan with about 20 allies. The number of countries recognising Taiwan has dwindled in recent years as China’s importance has grown.
- Capital of Taiwan – Taipei
2. Record breaking drone swarm.
- China has launched a record breaking swarm of 119 fixed-wing unmanned aerial vehicles.
- The feat broke the previous record of a swarm of 67 drones.
- Swarm intelligence” is regarded as the core of artificial intelligence of unmanned systems and the future of intelligent unmanned systems.
- China is currently the largest maker of drones.
1. R.K. Sharma to administer Sahara Life Insurance.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has appointed one of its officials,R K Sharma as administrator for managing the affairs of Sahara India Life Insurance Company with immediate effect.
- IRDAI has directed the administrator to file a report on the most advantageous course of action in the interest of the holders of life insurance policies, as soon as may be possible.
1. Jitu-Heena pair wins gold in World Cup.
- India’s Jitu Rai and Heena Sidhu combined to clinch the gold medal in mixed team 10m air pistol event of the ISSF World Cup.
- India defeated Russia 7-6 in the final.
- France defeated Iran to win the bronze in the event.
- China has been leading the medal tally with six medals, including three gold.
2. Warriors crowned NBA champions.
- Golden State Warriors defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers 129-120 in Game Five of the NBA Finals to clinch the series 4-1 and be crowned the NBA champions.
- The victory was the Warriors’ second in three years, after claiming the title in 2015.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30