Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Govt Approves 33% Increase In Carpet Area Of Houses Under PMAY-U
- The government has approved a 33% increase in carpet area of houses eligible for interest subsidy under its affordable housing scheme Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U) to attract more beneficiaries.
- The carpet area of a house has been enhanced to 160 sq m from 120 sq m for Middle Income Group-I (MIG-I), while it has been increased to 200 sq m from 150 sq m in case of MIG-II.
- Under the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS), each beneficiary can avail subsidy up to Rs 2.35 lakh on purchase of a house under the scheme.
2. India’s 1st National Police Museum To Come Up In Delhi
- The Union Government has announced to establish India’s first national police museum in Lutyens’ Delhi. The museum is expected to be inaugurated on 21st October 2018 on the occasion of Police Commemoration Day.
- The unique museum, depicting the history, artefacts, uniforms and gear of central and state police forces, will come up as an underground facility in the premises of the national police memorial in Chanakyapuri area.
3. Bihar CM Inaugurates, Lays Foundation Stones For Schemes Worth Rs 875 crore
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar inaugurated and laid foundation stones for more than 100 schemes, worth Rs 875 crore, of the state bridge construction corporation.
- At a function organised on the occasion of the 43rd establishment day of the Bihar Rajya Pul Nirman Nigam Ltd, 122 schemes were inaugurated or their foundation stones laid down by the chief minister.
4. 10 New Swachh Iconic Places Launched Under Swachh Bharat Mission
- Ten new iconic sites have been taken up under Phase III of the flagship project Swachh Iconic Places (SIP) of the Swachh Bharat Mission. The project envisioned by the Prime Minister is being coordinated by Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation with the support of State governments and local administration.
- The consultation is in process for finalising the PSUs/corporates for extending support to new sites as CSR partners. These new sites have joined the 20 iconic places under Phase I & II.
1. India to Host 1st BIMSTEC Military Exercise
- India will host first military exercise of the BIMSTEC Countries in September 2018 in Pune, Maharashtra. The theme of the exercise includes counter-terrorism in semi-urban terrain and cordon and search.
- The main aim of this military exercise is to promote strategic alignment among the member-states and to share best practices in the area of counter-terrorism. Each participating member country will bring in some 30 soldiers.
2. India Gives 99 million Nepalese rupees For Final Phase of Nepal-Bharat Maitri Irrigation Project
- India extended a financial aid of Rs 99 million to Nepal for the construction of 2,700 shallow tube well irrigation systems in 12 districts of the country’s southern Terai region to boost agricultural productivity.
- The assistance has been extended as part of the final payment for the Nepal-Bharat Maitri Irrigation Project, which was launched in January 2017. With this aid, Indian has so far released a total of 227.6 million Nepalese rupees to Kathmandu for implementing the project.
3. President Kovind To Embark on 3-Nation Visit to Greece, Suriname And Cuba
- President Ram Nath Kovind will embark on a three-nation tour to Greece, Suriname and Cuba. On the first leg of the visit, the President will leave for Athens. President Kovind will leave for Suriname on the 2nd leg and then to Cuba of the final leg.
- Suriname is a founding member of the International Solar Alliance. A Line of Credit of 54.5 million dollars is being offered to Suriname for solar-related projects.
4. Mauritius To Host 11th World Hindi Conference
- The 11th World Hindi Conference will be held in Mauritius in August 2018 with an aim to increase the popularity of Hindi globally. The Union External Affairs Ministry has already undertaken the work on the international meet.
- The main theme of the Conference is ‘Hindi Vishwa Aur Bharatiy Sanskriti’. The World Hindi Secretariat (WHS) will be the organising authority of the event.
1. SEBI Constitutes Expert Committee to Frame Rules for Direct Listing of Indian firms Abroad
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) constituted an Expert Committee to frame rules for direct listing of Indian firms abroad.
- The committee will examine the economic case for permitting direct listing of Indian companies overseas and listing of Indian companies on foreign bourses in India. The committee includes nine members.
2. Arvind Saxena Appointed As Acting UPSC Chairman
- Arvind Saxena has been appointed to serve as the acting Chairman of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Mr Saxena will perform the duties of the post of Chairman, UPSC with effect from June 20 till further orders or till completion of his tenure on August 7, 2020.
- Saxena would be succeeding incumbent Vinay Mittal. Arvind Saxena is a 1978-batch Indian Postal Service officer.
3. RBI Releases Draft Guidelines To Modify Loan System For Large Borrowers
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the draft guidelines to modify the loan system for delivery of bank credit, making the rules stricter to regulate larger borrowers enjoying working capital facility from the banking system.
- The draft specifies a minimum level of loan component in fund based working capital finance and a mandatory Credit Conversion Factor (CCF) for the undrawn portion of cash credit availed of by large borrowers.
1. Virat Kohli Receives Polly Umrigar Trophy At Annual BCCI Awards
- Indian captain Virat Kohli has received the prestigious Polly Umrigar Trophy (Cricketer of the Year) award .
- Virat Kohli has received this award for two consecutive seasons 2016-17 and 2017-18 .
2. India Bags 3 Medals at Umakhanov Memorial Boxing Tournament in Russia
- Indian boxers bagged one Gold and two Silver medals at the Umakhanov Memorial Tournament in the Russian city of Kaspiysk. Saweety Boora won the coveted yellow metal in the Women’s 75 kg category after beating Anna Anfinogenova (Russia) in the Final.
- In the Men’s section, Brijesh Yadav in the 81 kg division and Virender Kumar in 91 kgs lost their Final bouts to settle for Silver medals. Earlier, India had claimed four Bronze medals in the Tournament.
3. BCCI Annual Awards function.
- Anshuman Gaekwad and Sudha Shah received the CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement award.
- Jalaj Saxena and Parvez Rasool were adjudged ‘Best All Rounders’ in Ranji Trophy while Krunal Pandya was rewarded for his performance in the Hazare one-day championship.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13