Daily Current Affairs 13 March 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 March 2018 Current affairs test.
1.Shiv Sena demands President’s rule in Goa
- This comes after Goa CM Manohar Parrikar went to the US to seek treatment.
- The Shiv Sena urged the Centre to provide relief to people affiliated with the state’s mining industry.
2. SC extends Aadhaar linking deadline for mobile, bank account
- The SC indefinitely extended the March 31 deadline for linking Aadhaar with bank accounts and mobile numbers.
- However, the court clarified that Aadhaar would remain mandatory for social schemes.
3. Begum Hamida Habibullah, pioneer in women empowerment, dies at 102
- Former Uttar Pradesh minister and Congress leader Begum Hamida Habibullah passed away on Tuesday at her residence in Lucknow after a prolonged illness. She was 102.
- Habibullah, a former Rajya Sabha member, was the daughter of late Nawab Nazir Jung Bahadur, Chief Justice of the Hyderabad High Court.
4. We aim to eradicate TB from India by 2025 : PM Modi
- He said that in the next 1 year, a goal of 90% immunisation will be achieved.
- He added that immunisation coverage increased over 6% in 3.5 yrs.
1. Palestinian PM survives assassination attempt
- PM Rami Hamdallah survived an assassination attempt after a roadside bomb targeted his motorcade in Gaza.
- President Mahmoud Abbas held the militant group Hamas responsible for the attack.
2. UN blames Facebook for spreading hatred against Rohingyas
- UN special appointee on human rights in Myanmar, Yanghee Lee, blamed the social media platform for spreading hate speech against the Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar.
- Nearly 7 lakh Rohingya Muslims fled to Bangladesh.
3. 2017 the deadliest year of war for Syrian children : UNICEF
- The UNICEF said that at least 910 children were killed last year in the ongoing Syrian Civil War.
- At least, 1000 children have been reportedly killed or injured in the violence this year.
4. Maldives Parliament approved anti-defection bill
- The Maldives Parliament has approved the anti-defection bill with retrospective effect amidst boycott by opposition MPs.
- According to the bill, MPs elected on political party tickets will lose their seat if they leave their party, get expelled, or switch parties.
1. Tata Sons sells $1.25 bn stake in TCS to pay debt
- The proceeds will be used to repay debt owed by Tata Teleservices which was sold to Bharti Airtel last year.
- Tata Son’s holding in TCS will come down to 72% from 73.52%.
2. SBI lowers minimum balance charges
- SBI has slashed charges from Rs.50 to Rs.15 in urban areas and Rs.40 to Rs.12 and Rs.10 for semi-urban and rural centres.
- Effective from April 1, this will benefit 25 crore savings account customers.
3. Govt suspects GST under-reporting of Rs.34,000 cr
- The issue was flagged at the latest GST Council meeting.
- Authorities may issues notices to businessmen who have shown different liabilities in GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B forms.
4. Eight sectors added 1.36 lakh jobs in July-September FY18
- The results of the Seventh Quarterly Employment Survey (July to September 2017) show an overall positive change of 1.36 lakh workers over the previous quarter, across eight sectors across the country.
- The sectoral break up revealed that there were positive changes in seven out of eight sectors.
1. Serena loses to Venus
- Serena Williams lost to sister Venus Williams at the Indian Wells Masters.
- The sisters have faced each other 29 times now.
2. Will not recognise USA Cricket events involving India : ICC
- ICC has stated it will not recognise any matches involving team India conducted by the USACA.
- The US Association was expelled by the cricket’s top body in June 2017.
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13