Daily Current Affairs 13 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Aahar – The International Food and Hospitality Fair
- The 34th edition of Aahar–International Food and Hospitality Fair has started in New Delhi.
- It was organised by India Trade Promotion Organisation.
- India Trade Promotion Organisation, headquartered at Pragati Maidan, is the nodal agency of the Government of India under aegis of Ministry of Commerce and Industry for promoting country’s external trade.
2. Pinaka Guided Rocket System
- Pinaka Guided Rocket System was test fired at Pokhran in Rajasthan.
- Pinaka Guided Rocket System was indigenously developed by DRDO.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi, India.
3. ‘Sirsi Supari’ (Arecanut)
- The Registrar of Geographical Indications accorded a GI tag, ‘Sirsi Supari’, to Arecanut (Supari or Betel Nut in Hindi) grown in Sirsi, Siddpaur and Yellapur in Karnataka.
- Areca nut :- The areca nut is the fruit of the areca palm, which grows in much of the tropical Pacific, Southeast and South Asia, and parts of east Africa. It is commonly referred to as betel nut so it is easily confused with betel leaves that are often used to wrap it.
- GI tag is name or sign used on certain products which correspond to specific geographical location or origin. In India, GI tag Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection Act), 1999 governs it.
- The World Intellectual Property Organization is one of the 15 specialized agencies of the United Nations. WIPO was created in 1967 “to encourage creative activity, to promote the protection of intellectual property throughout the world”.
4. App to detect fake currency notes
- An app to detect fake currency notes was created by IIT-Kharagpur.
- It performs verification of authenticity with the help of 25 features that have been extracted from both the sides of the note.
1. World Day against Cyber Censorship
- World Day Against Cyber Censorship is an online event held each year on March 12 to rally support for a single, unrestricted Internet that is accessible to all.
- The aim is to draw attention to the ways that governments around the world are deterring and censoring free speech online.
2. Ambassador of India to Republic of El Salvador
- S. Mubarak has been appointed as next Ambassador of India to Republic of El Salvador.
- Capital: San Salvador || Currency: United States Dollar || President: Salvador Sánchez Cerén
3. World’s Largest Arms Importer
- After maintaining its position of world’s largest arms importer for about 8 years, India dropped down to be the second largest importer of weapons during 2014-18. Saudi Arabia is now the world’s largest weapons importer./li>
- Indian imports decreased by 24 percent between 2009-13 and 2014-18, partly due to delay in delivery of arms from foreign suppliers.
4. Global Influenza Strategy for 2019-2030
- WHO has released a Global Influenza Strategy for 2019-2030.
- It is aimed at protecting people in all countries from the threat of influenza.
- Influenza, commonly known as the flu, is an infectious disease caused by an influenza virus.
1. New Director of BARC
- Dr. A.K. Mohanty has taken over as Director of BARC.
- The Bhabha Atomic Research Centre is India’s premier nuclear research facility headquartered in Trombay, Mumbai, Maharashtra. BARC is a multi-disciplinary research centre with extensive infrastructure for advanced research and development covering the entire spectrum of nuclear science, engineering and related areas.
2. World Gold Council
- India is the world’s largest consumer of gold, has the 11th largest gold reserve (In Country’s perspective India is at 10th Position), with the current holding pegged at 607 tonnes.
- USA (8133.5 tonnes) has topped the chart followed by Germany at second and IMF at the third.
- India’s overall position in terms of total gold holding would have been tenth had the list included only countries.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) is included and is third on the list with total gold reserves of 2,814 tonnes.
- The World Intellectual Property Organization is one of the 15 specialized agencies of the United Nations. WIPO was created in 1967 “to encourage creative activity, to promote the protection of intellectual property throughout the world”
3. Digital Currency ‘SOV’
- Marshall Islands is planning to release a digital currency called ‘SOV’ in 2019.
- Currency: United States Dollar || Capital: Majuro
4. Trends in International Arms Transfers 2018
- ‘Trends in International Arms Transfers 2018’ Report is released by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
- Top 5 arms importing countries :-
- Saudi Arabia, India, Egypt, Australia and Algeria
- Top 5 arms importing countries :-
- United States, Russia, France, Germany and China
1. Rajasthan Royals with BookMyShow
- IPL franchise Rajasthan Royals has announced BookMyShow as exclusive ticketing partner.
- About BookMyShow :- Founded: August 1999 || CEO: Ashish Hemrajani || Founders: Ashish Hemrajani, Rajesh Balpande, Parikshit Dar || Parent organization: Bigtree Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. || Subsidiary: Nfusion
2. Kelly Catlin passes away at 23
- Kelly Catlin was an American professional racing cyclist, who rode for UCI Women’s Team Rally UHC Cycling.
- Catlin won gold medals in the women’s team pursuit at the 2016, 2017, and 2018 UCI Track Cycling World Championships.
- She also won a silver medal in the same event at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
3. Asian Open Laser Sailing Championship
- Upamanyu Dutta won Bronze medal in the Asian Open Laser Sailing Championship held in Singapore.
- It is India’s first ever medal in the Laser Standard race for men.
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13