Daily Current Affairs 13 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Thunderstorm in Delhi
- The major storm was accompanied by heavy winds and rain.
- Several flights were diverted and metro services were halted for a while.
2. Govt plans nationwide ban on petcoke as a fuel
- A ban was ordered by apex court in the region around New Delhi.
- Though it has higher energy content, it releases large amounts of carbon dioxide.
3. Delhi metro station to get tallest escalator
- The tallest escalator in India will be at 15.6 m elevation.
- Mumbai airport has an escalator at 11.6 m.
4. Army finalises project to produce ammunition
- The Army has finalised a Rs.15,000 cr project to cut dependence on imports.
- It aims to enable the forces to fight a 30-day war.
1. Israel asks Syria to deport Iran forces
- Israeli Def Minister Avigdor Liberman asked the Syrians to send awayIran forces.
- Israel carried out the strikes after Iran fired 20 missiles on Iran occupied territory.
2. Robotic hand allows users to naturally grip objects
- ’Hennes’ is priced at $11,900 and has one motor.
- It has sensors that react to electrical signals from the brain to the muscles.
3. China’s aircraft carrier commences sea trial
- The 50,000 tonne carrier is domestically built by China.
- It is expected to join the navy by the end of this year.
1. BJP leader asks for elimination of income tax
- Subramanian Swamy asked for the elimination to ease burden on the middle class.
- He further said that the abolishment would result in more savings thus rising investments.
2. Jio files complaint against Airtel
- Jio alleged that it is offering eSim service on Apple Watch Series 3 by violating license norms.
- It added that Airtel chose to install a critical network element outside India.
3. E-commerce exports via foreign post offices
- The customs dept is planning to allow the shipments via Foreign Post Offices.
- Exports via India Post will boost Make in India programme.
1. BCCI to host IPL-style match for women cricketers
- It will be a one-off exhibition T20 match.
- The match will feature 20 Indian cricketers and 10 foreign cricketers.
2. CSK chase SRH
- Ambati Rayudu helped the team with his 100 off 62 balls.
- CSK is 2nd in the IPL table.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,13 May
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15