Daily Current Affairs 13 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Year 2018 to welfare of Disabled Soldiers
- Indian Army has dedicated the Year 2018 to the welfare of Disabled Soldiers, when serving for India.
- This was announced by Army Chief General Bipin Rawat.
2. Indian Army’s New Three Artillery Gun
- Indian Army has inducted three artillery gun systems at Deolali Field Firing Range in Maharashtra.
- M777 A2 Ultra Light Howitzers (ULH)
- K-9 Vajra-tracked self-propelled guns
- Composite Gun Towing Vehicle
3. India’s 2nd Interplanetary Mission
- Planet Venus will be India’s 2nd Interplanetary Mission by ISRO in mid-2023.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru || Founder: Vikram Sarabhai || Founded: 15 August 1969 || Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan || Subsidiary: Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre.
4. Assam Police for ‘good practices’
- Union Govt. has awarded the Assam Police for ‘good practices’ under the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems.
- It was organised by the National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB) in New Delhi.
1. World’s First AI News Anchor
- World’s First AI News Anchor has been launched in China.
- It was launched by Xinhua, China’s state-run press agency.
2. World’s First Country to ban Coral Reef-Killing Sunscreen
- Palau has become World’s first country to ban Coral Reef-Killing Sunscreen by 2020.
- Palau Capital: Ngerulmud, Currency: USD
3. UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards 2018
- UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards-2018 for Cultural Heritage Conservation has been announced.
- Award of Excellence :- ‘Shijo-cho Ofune-hoko Float Machiya,Japan’.
- Award of Distinction :- The Ladakh Arts and Media Organisation Center Ladakh, India
- UNESCO Asia-Pacific regional bureau for Education:- Headquarters: Bangkok, Thailand.
1. Asian Development Bank with Energy Efficiency Services
- Energy Efficiency Services (EESL) has signed a loan agreement with ADB of $13 million USD to promote efficient energy usage in India.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
2. NBCC to buy HSCC
- National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited has signed an MOU with Ministry of Health to acquire Hospital Services Consultancy Corporation (HSCC).
- HSCC Limited earlier known as Hospital Services Consultancy Corporation Limited is a “Mini Ratna” Government of India Enterprise under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
- NBCC (India) Limited is a Navratna Central Public Sector undertaking which trades publicly in the market and is largely owned by the Government of India. It engages in the Real Estate Development & construction business and also provides Project Management Consultancy.
3. A Report on ‘Mobility In Urban India’ by ‘National Bureau of Economic Research’
- Bangalore topped the index for the most congested city followed by Mumbai.
- In Index of traffic speed, Kolkata is the slowest city.
4. Book ‘Yoga And Mindfulness’
- Book ‘Yoga And Mindfulness’ is authored by Mansi Gulati.
- The book was launched by the VP M. Venkaiah Naidu in New Delhi.
1. ATP World Tour Awards 2018
- Novak Djokovic has been named as ‘Player of the Year’.
- Novak Djokovic is a Serbian professional tennis player who is currently ranked world No. 1 in men’s singles tennis by the Association of Tennis Professionals.
2. Brazilian Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton has won Brazilian Grand Prix.
- Lewis Hamilton is a British racing driver who races in Formula One for Mercedes AMG Petronas.
3. Mountaineer Satyarup Siddhanta
- Satyarup Siddhanta has become first Indian to scale Mt Giluwe in Papua New Guinea.
- Capital: Port Moresby || Currency: Papua New Guinean kina
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13