Daily Current Affairs 13 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Yuvaraj Singh named Laureus’ frist Indian Ambassador.
- Indian cricketer Yuvaraj Singh was announced as the Laureus’ first Brand Ambassador.
- The left handed becomes Laureus’ first Indian ambassador and joins a host of cricket legends in the Laureus family.
2. GIC Re launched India’s third largest IPO.
- General Insurance Corporation of India9GIC Re) kicked off its mega Rs.11,370crore initial public offer.
- This is India’s third largest IPO ever after Coal India’s RS.15,200crore and Reliance Power’s Rs.11,700crore.
3.Global Hunger Index: India ranks 100 among 119 countries.
- India slipped three places to 100th in the 2017 Global Hunger Index(GHI).
- Notably, the hunger report index of 119 countries also showed that in three years’ time India has seen a fall of 45 ranks from 55th in 2014 to 100 in 2017.
1.US withdraws from UNESCO over anti-Israel bias.
- The United States announced it was withdrawing from UNESCO citing its anti-Israel bias.
- Relations had deteriorated in recent years over the UN body’s support of Palestine, and Washington stopped paying its dues in 2011 after UNESCO recognised the Palestinian Authority.
2.UAE terminates N Korean diplomatic mission, ends Visas.
- The United Arab Emirates ended the mission of N Korea’s non-resident ambassador and terminated its own envoy’s services in East Asian Country.
- This comes amid growing international pressure ono North Korea over its nuclear weapons programme.
3.Tokyo named World’s safest city.
- Japanese capital city Tokyo has topped the Economist intelligence Unit’s Safe Cities Index 2017, which ranked 60 cities on parameters including personal and health security.
- Indian cities Delhi and Mumbai have ranked 43rd and 45th respectively.
1.Bharti Airtel acquires Tata’s mobile arm.
- The country’s largest operator Bharti Airtel on said it would acquire the loss-making consumer mobile business of the Tata Group.
- The proposed merger will include transfer of all the customers and assets of the Tatas’ consumer mobile business to Bharti Airtel.
2.Samsung Electronics CEO Kwon oh-hyun resigns.
- Samsung Electronics CEO Kwon oh-hyun has resigned citing an unprecedented crisis.
- Samsung Electronics is South Korean multinational electronics company.
3.Amazon-Microsoft tie up to launch deep learning platform.
- Amazon Web Services and Microsoft have teamed up to launch an open source and deep learning interface ‘Gluon’ that will help developers to deploy machine learning models across several platforms.
1.India beat Macau to qualify for 2019 AFC Asian Cup.
- Indian football team has qualified for the 2019 Asian Cup after they had a 4-1 win over Macau.
- This is the third time India has qualified for the Asian Cup. The 2019 FC Asian Cup will be held in the UAE.
2.Gurusaidutt wins Bulgarian International Tournament.
- Commonwealth Games Bronze medalist RMV Gurusaidutt clinched the Men’s singles title at the Bulgarian International Future series tournament.
- Gurusaidutt defeated Muhammed Ali kurt (Turkey) in a 35-minute match.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15