Daily Current Affairs 13 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Committee to examine #MeToo cases
- Ministry of Women and Child Development will setup a committee of legal experts for allegations of sexual harassment in #MeToo campaign.
- Women could place complain through ‘She Box- www.shebox.nic.in’ or mail at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
2. National Environment Survey
- India’s first National Environment Survey will start from January 2019 in 55 districts across 24states and 3 UTs.
- Districts will be ranked on their environmental performance and will be documented by best green practices.
3. Three new Mobile Apps by Punjab Govt.
- 1. i-Khet Machine
- 2. e-PEHaL
- 3. e-Prevent
- The aim is to check crop residue burning and to spread the awareness about its ill-effects.
4. Lalu-Leela – A Book
- Bihar Deputy CM Sushil Modi is the author of book named ‘Lalu-Leela’.
- This book documents alleged illegal dealings by RJD Head Lalu Prasad Yadav and his family.
1. World Sight Day
- World Sight Day was observed on October 12 by International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness.
- Theme :- ‘Eye Care Everywhere’.
2. Japan-India Act East Forum
- The 2nd Japan-India Act East Forum was held in New Delhi.
- The Forum aims to further expand the cooperation between Japan and India in North East and to strengthen the relationship between Japan and North East, as well as that between Japan and India. In this regard, the Forum discusses cooperation in various fields and promotes Japan’s cooperation in the region.
3. Malaysia abolished capital punishment
- Malaysian Cabinet has decided to abolish capital punishment for all crimes and has stopped all pending executions.
- Capital: Kuala Lumpur || Currency: Malaysian ringgit || Prime minister: Mahathir Bin Mohamad
4. International Day for Disaster Reduction 2018
- International Day for Disaster Reduction was observed on October 13th.
- Theme :- ‘Reducing Disaster Economic Losses’.
1. ‘Google One’
- It is a cloud storage subscription plan in India which is launched by Google.
- Users may subscribe from 100GB to 30TB across products including Google Drive and Google Photos.
2. Department of Telecommunication licensing norms
- Low range devices (Wireless chargers, Bluetooth etc.) exempted from licensing norms.
- 302 to 435 KHz , 855 to 1050 KHz and 1.89 to 2.31 MHz frequency bands are exempted.
3. ‘The Paradoxical Prime Minister’ A Book
- Shashi Tharoor has released a new book ‘The Paradoxical Prime Minister’.
- Shashi Tharoor is an Indian politician, writer and a former career international diplomat who is currently serving as Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, since 2009.
- He finished at second in the 2006 selection for U.N. Secretary-General to Ban Ki-moon.
4. India-Israel Innovation Centre
- Country’s first India-Israel Innovation Centre was inducted in Bengaluru.
- Israel Capital: Jerusalem || Currency: Israeli new shekel.
1. Usain Bolt’s Goal
- Usain Bolt has scored twice on first start for his Football Club Central Coast Mariners (Australia).
- Bolt began training with Australian football A-League club the Central Coast Mariners as a left-winger.
2. Youth Olympics
- The Indian women’s team won 3-0 Poland to enter the semi-finals of the Hockey competition of the 2018 Youth Olympic Games.
- Shuttler Lakshya Sen settled for a silver medal after he lost to Li Shifeng(China).
3. Niall O’Brien has retired
- Ireland wicketkeeper-batsman Niall O’Brien announced from International Cricket.
- Ireland is an island in the North Atlantic. It is separated from Great Britain to its east by the North Channel, the Irish Sea, and St George’s Channel. Ireland is the second-largest island of the British Isles, the third-largest in Europe, and the twentieth-largest on Earth.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,13 October
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13